Thread: European mermaids : import fees for a Fin Fun tailskin ?

Follow Daisea On Twitter
    Visit Daisea's Youtube Channel

European mermaids : import fees for a Fin Fun tailskin ?

Hello everyone !
    A few days ago I have FINALLY ordered my first ever mermaid tail ! I ordered the Tidal Teal tailskin from Fin Fun, which I find so pretty !

(a little off-topic but I have ordered the tailskin only because I also ordered the Mirage mermaid fin - it looked a lot more stable than the Fin Fun, it was also cheaper and I know they're compatible so... Yeah !)

I'm a French mer and apparently, my parcel is supposed to be shipped with UPS... But I have no idea whether I'll have to pay import fees or not ! I managed to get my tailskin for only 53$ shipping included (thanks to coupons) which is roughly about 46€... But still it's shipped by UPS and I've never used that shipping company before ! If any French or European mermaid has already ordered a tailskin from Fin Fun, how was it like for you ? Did you pay more ?
    Thanks in advance for your answers !

Probably of no help at all, but I didn't get dinged with import fees for my Suntails skin going from US to Canada. My magictail skin however, cost me an extra 25 in import fees so I think it really varries from place to place.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar
    http://www.importcalculator.com

You can calculate it with this I did it with my silicone tail & it was pretty accurate.

It is not completely correct but it comes very close to the real fee you are going to pay so you know what to expect !

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    So, not sure how exactly customs regulations are in France, but as it is member of the EU they should be more or less similar to those here in Germany, so here it is:

Customs fees here are two part: The value-added tax part (which you also have to pay for goods purchased in your country, but the shop collects them for you) and the actual customs fee which is highly dependant on what you are trying to import. Steel for example has a different fee than clothes or optics or machine parts. Those are highly variable, even dependant on the country of origin. Clothes from China or Taiwan may have a different rate than clothes from the US or Canada. The bad news is, selecting the correct category is tricky sometimes. For example, is a mermaid tail clothing, a swimsuit, a toy or a sporting utility?

The good news is, at least here in Germay, there is a low-value exemtion to the second part, so for goods under a total value of 150 EUR (which here INCLUDES shipping!) the second part (the sometimes quite complicated customs fee) is ignored, so you probably have to pay only the VAT part, which in France is 21%, I think.

It would be best to call your local customs office or drop by at the customs at the nearest airport to check if there is such a low-value exemption.

Follow Daisea On Twitter
    Visit Daisea's Youtube Channel
    Thanks everyone for your replies !

I haven't got it yet but according to the calculator, I will have like 21€ extra. Pretty okay I guess
    Oliver, I think Germany and France's regulations work pretty much the same way ! I'll tell you how it happened when I get my order

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar
    Regulation are almost all these same in Europeanen countries it just depense on how generous customs are

Sent from my ALE-L21 using MerNetwork mobile app

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

I think customs compliance is quite different from country to country, so maybe ask a broker if you see nobody from your country provided any input.