Thread: Magictails and transparency!

Magictails and transparency!

I'm currently hunting to get a tail skin for my mahina monofin, i saw faiths video on the magic tail and you can prettttty much see her legs through it. I was so excited to see they brought out their pro range but i'm really apprehensive to spend a good chunk of money on a tail skin and have it barely hide my legs.

Are they all like this? are the darker/lighter ones better? Would love to hear what people with one of these tails have to say as otherwise i just cant justify the money. May as well make my own!

Thanks!

You could always get leggins that are the same color as the tail to wear under the tail so that you can't see your bikini bottoms and legs.

I can't speak personally for Magictail's transparency, but if you do end up with a transparent tail that could be a fix for it.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Oh that's a genius idea! I was actually thinking of maybe lining it with something but leggings could work too! thanks!

I ended up getting the H20 tail which was very very transparent I've sewn a lining though and also customised it but the lining does the trick! I wish they'd just line their tails automatically!!

I think if you're looking to buy from a company that has see through tails, it would be a good idea to make your own universal liner. For example, a dark grey/nude color full tail that can be worn under the tail (as one wears a white tank under a white dress shirt) to reduce transparency! Seems like a good fix, especially if you're going for multiple skins, that way you won't have to keep sewing liners into the tails.

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

I did actually end up sewing a lining but regret going with magic tail.

Yikes. I guess you can't win em all. What's the return policy? I've never bought a tail so idk what to suggest...

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

There's no hope I swam in it too many times so it's just a rookie error and onto saving for something more durable and better quality eek!

My magictail pro skin literally just arrived today and I happened to get the same colour as Faith, The Venus. I’ve got to say, it’s gorgeous! Transparency issues might depend a lot on what you wear underneath, I’m gonna experiment some, but if in doubt I might go for making a liner like others suggested if it proves to be too transparent. For a first tail I’m just super happy about how beautiful it is and that it didn’t break the bank right when I’m starting a new family business.

Hello friends! Totally agree about the see-thoroughness of their tails, especially the Arielle (the first one I got from them)
    Just like.... Magictail, get it together! I had hoped that after a year their fabric would have improved but NOPE. I wore Rainburst to our meetup this weekend and while it's not horrible, I've tried to fix some of the shearness with some mermaid undies from VirtuoSew.
    The screenshot isn't the best shot of it, but I'm a bit annoyed that you can still see my nude shorts underneath the tail.
    The dilemma is that with the Mahina, there are hardly any quality tails that aren't either
    A: Overpriced for a sheer print (magictail) or
    B: Highly priced for a thick fabric (swimtails)

But I may have found a solution that combines the "design your own" feature of the magictail with the better fabric of the swimtails....

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook