Thread: Merbella vs. Fliptails

Merbella vs. Fliptails

Hey guys! I'm new to mernetwork, and can't wait to get your opinions on mer-related subjects. I am looking for a silicone based tail company, and would love if you guys could help list some names of affordable tail makers that have realistic designs. If I had the money, I would choose from merbella or flip tail... Is one brand superior to the other? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900P using MerNetwork mobile app

I don't own a merbella or a MVD fliptails, so I can't personally compare the quality of those two. They were both on my original list along with another tail maker whose company name I can't remember at the moment, (sorry ), though that person is currently on hiatus after having a baby. Merbellas and MVD are very different style wise.
    Merbellas has a monofin in her tails MVD has foot pockets.
    MVD has a much thicker silicone tail which also makes it more buoyant.
    Merbellas has had a VERY LONG wait time, some people ordered their tails from her a couple of years ago and are just getting theirs. She has recently hired a new employee that is supposed to prevent that from happening in the future. I believe she is also going to be on hiatus after completing the final orders.
    MVD's wait time is a few months to a year if I'm remembering correctly.
    The scales, styles, and coloring are also very different between the two so keep that in mind when deciding.

As for a list of realistic tail makers I have a few names to contribute.

I know Nim does realistic tails for cheaper than those two. She is amazing at the color shifting effect, to my knowledge perfecting it before many others have even tried.

I've seen some great work come from pearliemae her individual scales are a work of genius, I know I love the opal inspired ones!
    I can't think of many others at the moment, you probably know of finfolk they have some really nice stuff. I'm not too familiar with their silicone ones though I've heard many great things. They are expensive. The ones I have seen from them are gorgeous!
    I personally don't pay much attention to mertailors stuff but a lot of people love his current work.
    Mernation does some really nice stuff they seem to be getting better every year.
    Last edited by Khaleesi Daenerys; 07-12-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    ^ pretty much what she said, but in terms of MVD it's my experience he doesnt take tail orders often. He mainly supplies tails to mermaid melissa and only once in a while does he have a tail slot open. Mostly I find it's her used tails that go on sale.

Raven isn't taking any orders right now until she's caught up on her long-haul people but she is making great progress. I do expect she'll open them up after that.

IN either case, both are more a "by chance" tail maker in that you might just by chance be able to get in an order! So it might be good to aim for something less expensive and faster for now. but you can always keep your eyes peeled for when either take orders.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    ^ pretty much what she said, but in terms of MVD it's my experience he doesnt take tail orders often. He mainly supplies tails to mermaid melissa and only once in a while does he have a tail slot open. Mostly I find it's her used tails that go on sale.

Raven isn't taking any orders right now until she's caught up on her long-haul people but she is making great progress. I do expect she'll open them up after that.

IN either case, both are more a "by chance" tail maker in that you might just by chance be able to get in an order! So it might be good to aim for something less expensive and faster for now. but you can always keep your eyes peeled for when either take orders.
    Thank you both of you!! Your opinions are valued. I'll have to check mermaid Nim out!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using MerNetwork mobile app