Thread: Very Early Planning / Idea : Central Coast Mer-Tour!

Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Bree's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Bree on Facebook

Very Early Planning / Idea : Central Coast Mer-Tour!

This is a highly speculative, tossing out the idea, embryonic, sort-of idea: A central coast California Mer-Tour? We have Cayucos, (that happens to have a mermaid sculpture... hmmmm), Morro Bay, Avila Beach and of course world-famous Pismo Beach... Like, a mer-meet at each of them, sort of a beach tour, if you will... There is reasonably cheap lodging - the Motel 6 in SLO is about $65 / night (and they have a pool...!), so it likely wouldn't break the bank. I've stayed there myself, it's Motel 6 of course, but it's not a bad one. More ideas: perhaps a meetup in Monterey, and an Aquarium visit up there?

Junior Member Pod of Cali

Follow Mermaid_Calla on Tumblr
    I would love to visit Pismo Beach, never been and I'd love to go back to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Are you thinking about this year or next year?

Since it's getting late into the 'warm' season, hard to say. It really depends on the interest level. Kind of a unofficial, uncoordinated (yet sort of) multi-site meetup. Roving beach party??? LOL Just thinking that since Morro, Avila and Pismo are like 12 miles from each other, it would be a nice long-weekend sort of thingy, and mer-folk can then go wander around and explore the local flora and fauna... Avila and Pismo are perhaps the best places, but can be crowded on peak weekends.

Junior Member Pod of Cali

Follow Mermaid_Calla on Tumblr
    Like a 3-day weekend? I'd totally be up for it. I live in the east bay and haven't been to any of those beaches so it would be a new experience for me. If it happens this year I'll try to come, but it might be difficult because I'm low on PTO from a couple other trips in spring. If you do it next year though count me in, I'll definitely show up.

OK, cool. Yeah, right now it's more of an interest survey. Save up your pennies.

I'd love to go next year! Moving to Monterey in the spring and am trying to get a job at the aquarium
    Mermaid Titania
    A traveling mermaid - mostly west coast USA and abroad but you'll never know where she might pop up!