Thread: Petition to Remove Mono Fin from Marcus Garvey Pool in Harlem NY

Petition to Remove Mono Fin from Marcus Garvey Pool in Harlem NY

In this video she is not wearing a monofin. Just for the record. spellbounds dont have monofins.

Thanks I hadn't realized it till you mentioned it just now, but the video does show how safely we swim around with children hope it had the positive effect I'm hoping for but thank you, hope you will sign

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I wonder if pool management is going to care about the technicality of monofin vs a tail with flukes without a monofin inside of it, but serves the same purpose. I don't know if anyone outside of the mermaiding world will have any idea that technically some tails have no monofin. But the flukes act as one. If you can get away with that as a loophole, I imagine they'd amend the rules. The manager of this pool most likely is lumping them together without even knowing.

I hope your petition is successful, Harlem Mermaid. Many YMCAs allow monofins and tails, I don't see any reason for any pool manager to have issues with it, outside of their personal issues stemming from a lack of knowledge. I'm glad you're trying to enlighten him.

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    I wonder if pool management is going to care about the technicality of monofin vs a tail with flukes without a monofin inside of it, but serves the same purpose. I don't know if anyone outside of the mermaiding world will have any idea that technically some tails have no monofin. But the flukes act as one. If you can get away with that as a loophole, I imagine they'd amend the rules. The manager of this pool most likely is lumping them together without even knowing.

I hope your petition is successful, Harlem Mermaid. Many YMCAs allow monofins and tails, I don't see any reason for any pool manager to have issues with it, outside of their personal issues stemming from a lack of knowledge. I'm glad you're trying to enlighten him.
    Being the smart little fish I am, I'd most definitely try it XDD knowing me I'd be like "show me in the rule book where it says I can't." ohhhh yea I'd milk that loop hole for all it's worth!

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post

Thank you dear really appreciate your input and I'm going to give it my all

[COLOR=#737273 !important]JUL 24, 2017 — [/COLOR]Hi I am getting closer to reaching my goal, for all of us if I can make this happen and have mono fin ban removed it will be a victory for all us mermaids and mermen. So please keep on Signing and Sharing. Here I am in front of #marcusgarveypool after pm session getting signatures from our community. Even staff members signed and encouraged other's to sign... "Sign our Harlem Mermaids petition she belongs here not in Queens" is what was being said really cool

https://www.facebook.com/cookiebabys...8517272239884/ Here I am swimming at their pool so happily 2 years ago

Just signed it good luck! Love u all

Thank you so much