Thread: A brighter future for sharks

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod Mermaid Ceto's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Ceto's Youtube Channel

A brighter future for sharks

100 million sharks are killed a year for their fins, and not to mention the hundreds of others that are killed from becoming bycatch, and for their oily livers. Because of this, one fourth of all shark species are endangered. However, things are starting to turn. In China, 91% of people now support the ban of shark finning! Despite this great news, there are still other countries that perform this practise. I encourage all of the merfolk reading this post to spread awareness and education to people who may not know what is happening. Long live sharks in the sea! Name:  FB_IMG_1500330487814.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  64.8 KB
    "It's not about what you know...it's about what you learn. It's not about how much it hurts...it's about how much you heal."

-Mandy

I love sharks so much. They are such amazing and incredible creatures. Shark week has begun on discovery channel. There are some cool shows- invite some friends over to learn about these majestic creatures? Spread the news!

Also, thank you Mermaid Ceto for this post, and for sharing the cool news. Hopefully we can all work together to give sharks a brighter future!

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod Mermaid Ceto's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Ceto's Youtube Channel
    Sharks are truly incredible, there is so much to learn about them! My favorite documentary of shark week is alien sharks because of the insight on deep sea sharks. Sharks keep the balance of the oceanic ecosystem, so if they die off, so will the entire ocean!
    "It's not about what you know...it's about what you learn. It's not about how much it hurts...it's about how much you heal."

-Mandy

I haven't gotten to see Alien sharks yet- but it's set to record tonight! I can't wait to watch it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using MerNetwork mobile app

Thanks for sharing this! <3
    I spent all summer teaching kids to not be afraid of sharks, but to respect them. It took them a few tries before they got it, but visuals helped a lot. lol
    it's so beautiful seeing love and respect for these creatures.
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY