Thread: Mermaiding with Natural Hair

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England

Mermaiding with Natural Hair

Hey, Merls. If you have 3c-4c hair, a fact is that it is very versatile. We switch up our styles very frequently. My hair is not relaxed(never going there again) and is currently not in a protective style

Me and my hair^^^

I am going back home to Jamaica next week and have decided on box braids instead of goddess locs(they get quite heavy unfortunately when wet).

So the purpose of this thread is to deal with agua and our hair. The shrinkage, the care, the styles and how they are swimming. Swimming with a fro etc.

I saw a video of Momo with her hair and it was beautiful. I'm just unsure of how to style my hair when swimming and I'm not a big fan of cornrows on me. But yes. To tbe future of natural haired mermaids.

[I'm not sure if this thread is in the right category. If it isn't could the admins possible place it in the right one?]
    Mela.Mermaid

Your hair is gorgeous!

Can't say I've had the same problems as you OP in the slightest so kudos for wanting to use your natural hair. But got to say that as someone with short but thick colour-treated hair that does whatever the heck it wants, swimming has been interesting. I've got a black pixie cut with a long sort of galaxy-coloured fringe (pink purple and some blue). The main issue apart from just general care and keeping the colour nice, is getting the stupid fringe stuck in my face when resurfacing. So I'm gonna probably switch to a wig or have to pin it back XD it doesn't look very graceful or mermaidy once wet.

I just keep mine in braids also when swimming :3