Thread: Sea Creature Clothing

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Sea Creature Clothing

So I am currently experimenting with having clothes printed with my very own underwater ocean photography. Just gonna start this thread for posting some of my experiments! I may sell them at some point this fall, but for now I am just experimenting

This first pair of tights are a photo print of jellies that I took! I think I'll tweak the colors a bit and the placement but overall, I think it makes my butt look good hahha

here's a little video I took:
    https://www.facebook.com/Halifaxmerm...67848309913286

Cool!!

Sent from my VS425PP using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

Beautiful, I love them!

I'd buy a pair of butt beautifying jelly tights. Seriously though those are amazing! I need more mermaid work out gear. Other than the mermaid scale leggings.

Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million there are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

Cute! I like that they look a little simplistic in their color design. I think that some print leggings look a little "busy" when there are a lot of smaller images on them. And, hey! At least there isn't just one giant jellyfish covering the mid-section! :O

thanks for the feedback everyone. I am experimenting with a few of my photos to see what they look like. I have a pair of seahorse tights coming next where the tail wraps around the leg, and a lionfish dress.

I dunno if I'll sell them this is more an experiment, if I did Id would likely stick with my photo designs because I feel the market in the past month has really become saturated with mermaid scale leggings and people have lots to choose from. I havent seen anyone in the industry yet using photos.

I got the idea when I got a pair of leggings with photo realistic cat eyes on them. People stop me ALL THE TIME even from cars to ask where they're from! So I think doing something with real photos/animals/sealife is a cool way to set myself apart.

Im going to tweak the jellyfish ones, because they actually lost a lot of color gradient in printing, and came out lighter than I expected. It was just a test drive.

I'll keep you all posted

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    thanks for the feedback everyone. I am experimenting with a few of my photos to see what they look like. I have a pair of seahorse tights coming next where the tail wraps around the leg, and a lionfish dress.

I dunno if I'll sell them this is more an experiment, if I did Id would likely stick with my photo designs because I feel the market in the past month has really become saturated with mermaid scale leggings and people have lots to choose from. I havent seen anyone in the industry yet using photos.

I got the idea when I got a pair of leggings with photo realistic cat eyes on them. People stop me ALL THE TIME even from cars to ask where they're from! So I think doing something with real photos/animals/sealife is a cool way to set myself apart.

Im going to tweak the jellyfish ones, because they actually lost a lot of color gradient in printing, and came out lighter than I expected. It was just a test drive.

I'll keep you all posted
    Awesome!

Sent from my VS425PP using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

I've got a few new designs to show you. We're going with the name "Raina's Splashin' Fashions"

Still have some kinks to work out but I am happy.

ALL OF MY CLOTHING IS BLACK LIGHT REACTIVE to give a bio-luminescent appeal.

You can see a video of it here: https://www.facebook.com/Halifaxmerm...2465095118274/

This is my black light reactive lionfish dress. Made from my photos with a blue that changes based on the light you're in. Overcast gives a nice purple blue while direct sun gives a more navy. Check my wall for the video of how it looks in black light. trying to add something different to the clothing for mers out there

This one will need a bit more adjusting but check out my base model for my black light reactive seahorse leggings. Made from my photo of sea horses.

Name:  20526028_1961056704172703_7343763881432797932_n.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  199.8 KB

Name:  20479472_1961056660839374_2537704846408160652_n.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  138.9 KB

Name:  20632616_10159095349510425_1466311792_n.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  316.0 KB

I'll keep you all posted

Hey raina, are you going to be doing and tops as well? And will you have any gear that has pics of you and your mermaids on it? I think it would be awesome if you had a top with a pic of Sean carrying you around the beach !!!

I am still trying to figure out what I want to do for tops! I wasnt thinking of putting us on the clothing, but if enough people are interested I might

I am still trying to figure out what I want to do for tops! I wasnt thinking of putting us on the clothing, but if enough people are interested I might

Yay !!!! I hope there is. I love the pics in your second book from page 128 and 69 of you and Sean they show love !!! And if you put the one from the back of the book and a shirt it would be awesome !!!!! total fan girl !!!!

ps: also I was wondering if you ever threw around the idea of getting a bunch of you mermaiding pics of you and all your mer friends together and turning them into coloring books for both kids and adults? Like haveing someone draw out the basics of your favorite pics in black and white and then gathering them and making coloring books to sell and give out when you do your gigs.

i think that would be awesome for you!

i figure once I start my business and get at least my first year down I might do that!

we had a coloring sheet made, and we did a calendar but the calendars didnt sell well it was more a fun thing we did for us! great ideas tho

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    cuuuuute

So cute yaar.
    I just love them.

very cute
    AdventrueMermaids.com
    Plano, Texas