Thread: Help! Using a Magictail Pro skin with a Mahina monofin

Help! Using a Magictail Pro skin with a Mahina monofin

My first tail was a fin-fun monofin and tailskin which was beautiful but I really wanted something with a bigger fluke. I got the Mahina for x-mas and I love swimming in it, so I decided to buy a skin for it from Magictail. I got the mermaid tail pro, skin-only, thinking that it was made for the Mahina, but I just did more research and realized it's not. Also I looked up some pics of mers wearing the Magictail pro and the fluke is open in the bottom which is one of the things I didn't like about my fin-fun 😣

So here is the question. I know that people are using the mahina with the magictail pro, so how do you make it work? Does the Mahina peek out the bottom of the tail skin? Also does anyone have experience adding a hidden zipper to the bottom?

Thanks!

-Mermaid Minya
    Mermaid Awesome
    Insta: @theawesomemermaid

You should be able to find some good sewing tutorials for adding zippers. I know I have found them for both machine and hand sewing. If you only want to use the skin with the fin (not using the skin separate) you could hand sew a few stitches to close up the bottom - just make sure to leave a few spaces for excess water to escape so the fluke doesn't do that weird ballooning thing.

The other thought I had was that you could sew the eye end of the eye and hooks on each side of the fin and sew a stitch through the eyes, so you could easily cut them apart and re-sew them whenever you want to use your monofin separate of the tailskin. That way you won't ruin the tail by re-sewing it constantly through the fabric. (I hope that made sense?) Also, I hope that helps give you a few ideas!

I cannot see it out of mine! In this video I am wearing the Mahina inside the tailskin https://youtu.be/UU0kWgXNssA

Here is my review where you can see me putting the monofin inside the tail
    https://youtu.be/PQU3jMSrNCU

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook