Thread: Mermaid name...

Mermaid name...

So I know this is probably an unusual question, but how would I go about finding my mername? I wanted to use my actual name, but I think there is already a mermaid with my name. I didn't want to steal someone else's.

I've always liked the idea of having a last name for my mersona but only go by her first...if that makes sense. I figured out the last name which would be Saltheir, named after one of my short stories.

I'm just afraid I'd pick a name and it'd be stolen and I'd never be able to pick a new one. So should I just put a bunch ofrandom letters together and make a name or search on name sites? Or what did you do when you picked your mer name?
    Mermaid Mikayla

Junior Member Pod of Cali

Follow Mermaid_Calla on Tumblr
    I felt the same way! I really wanted to be Aurora, but somebody had already taken it and she was pretty famous. She had like 3k+ followers on Instagram. I juat started thinking about what type of mermaid I wanted to be, settled on goldfish (and maybe a koi in the future), and thought about the sort of things mermaids are usually named after, like flowers and gemstones. Goldfish are freshwater and koi often live in ponds, and calla lilies are pretty pond flowers. So I settled on Mermaid Calla Lily (or just Calla for short). It just takes a little extra thought about your identity as a mermaid. And a couple of name google-searches lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Calla View Post
    I felt the same way! I really wanted to be Aurora, but somebody had already taken it and she was pretty famous. She had like 3k+ followers on Instagram. I juat started thinking about what type of mermaid I wanted to be, settled on goldfish (and maybe a koi in the future), and thought about the sort of things mermaids are usually named after, like flowers and gemstones. Goldfish are freshwater and koi often live in ponds, and calla lilies are pretty pond flowers. So I settled on Mermaid Calla Lily (or just Calla for short). It just takes a little extra thought about your identity as a mermaid. And a couple of name google-searches lol.
    Yeah, that makes sense, and I love your name!
    Mermaid Mikayla

Junior Member Pod of Cali

Follow Mermaid_Calla on Tumblr
    Thank you! Maybe try the name out for a week before you go live too, that way you have time to change it if you find you don't like it lol