Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crypto Hobbies and Interests

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Awesome work!! Very detailed and I am sure rather tedious. I love all the variety. Do you sell anything on Etsy?

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    I do but that's really for another thread I think. And lately I've been struggling with shipping cost estimates to manage products.

Well I spent the week on and off working on the tail, and working on research. Discovered that the word Sasquatch first appears in newspaper archives that I have access too in the early 1920s and originates nearby in Harrison, BC.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using MerNetwork mobile app

Add Arking on Facebook
    Ah back on my computer.

Any who so I've collected tons of archives from newspaper scans this week. Tried getting a little on just about everything but quickly realized I could spend months in there pouring over data, so I stuck to the big ones. Ogopogo, Loch Ness, Cadborosaurus, Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, Mothman, and a few tales of Mermaids. I wish I'd spent some more time on sea monsters, but they are really really prolific and it's a difficult task to collect information on each individual account that was published.

The Ogopogo data will help me complete my maps though and that will be quite nice. I need to rearrange the correct lat. and long. using german miles but otherwise things look good.

Attachment 41728

Quote Originally Posted by Arking View Post
    Oh that's actually really easy to answer. The Library of Congress actually has many many many Archives of books that have been published throughout the years since the sixteenth Century maybe even 17th century anyway these scans of these books are all in the public domain. Which means anybody can download them and sell them if you look them up so if you go on Etsy or Ebay you will find people selling these CDs of these books. I happen to purchase a few and looked up the copyright rules but if you were to take these books and rewrite them verbatim you could actually sell them and publish them through your own means and make a profit. What I'm doing though is taking the digital scans of all of these books which are in various states of disrepair. some of them are missing pages some of them have pretty obvious water marks some of them have distortions in the text because of water or mold. What I'm doing is going through and individually repairing each page via Adobe PDF or photoshop or illustrator whatever is necessary to restore the books back to a semi original condition and I'm removing the mildewy old yellow pages from the backgrounds and restoring them all to white print so that I can reprint them. What I do then is I take the PDFs once they've been formatted and corrected and restored and I put them through a book printing processing app that I managed to to get a hold of and it reorganizes the pages into leafs. then i print out the Leafs fold them over stitch them in and basically press them into a book press and I've got basically a paperback book which I can then hardcover.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using MerNetwork mobile app
    Wow sooo interesting, thanks for sharing!!

Add Arking on Facebook
    Man it's been a week. I'm physically and emotionally drained. The smoke is finally clearing the skies here but it's very likely to settle again tomorrow morning. I haven't had the fortune of taking my tail out yet and the itch is killing me. On the upside I took some of my wares to a new local magic and occult store and they were really interested in buying products from me to sell. Finally making it as an artist now, and I'm just starting up the Etsy store again. Anyone else giddy for the Fall and Halloween?

Add Arking on Facebook
    Attachment 41844

Figured I'd share this news clipping I found whilst doing my research a few weeks back. Not nearly as interesting as some of the monster sightings but still a fun read.

Follow KikiDoodle On Twitter Add KikiDoodle on Facebook
    Follow KikiDoodle on Tumblr
    I find both cryptozoology so fascinating!! For myself, I'm pretty much interested in anything fantasy, although Mermaids have been near and dear to myself for quite some time, and are the major focus in a lot of work I do! Lots of dragons, gryphons, and other beasties, too!

As far as working on these things creatively, actually my entire career is focused on fantasy! I do both book covers for young adult fantasy novels, children's book illustrations, and all kinds of other fantasy based artwork. I have several friends who focus on Fae and folklore, and I see a lot of creatives making a living focusing on the fantastic!

It's just too much fun, so I'm glad other people support us.
    We've discovered some new Purrmaids! https://deepsea.purrmaids.com
    Adoptions are open! https://purrmaids.com

Man it's been a week. I'm physically and emotionally drained. The smoke is finally clearing the skies here but it's very likely to settle again tomorrow morning. I haven't had the fortune of taking my tail out yet and the itch is killing me. On the upside I took some of my wares to a new local magic and occult store and they were really interested in buying products from me to sell. Finally making it as an artist now, and I'm just starting up the Etsy store again. Anyone else giddy for the Fall and Halloween?

Hope youve made the time to swim since you posted this And that is awesome local stores are interested in your work, keep following your dreams!! Id love to browse your etsy store...ive been thinking of starting one myself, not sure of the interest tho. I like to make jewelry, head pieces ect out of natural elements like stones, shells and bones, especially bones lately lol...and soooooo freaking ready for halloween and renfest!!!! Kinda random but have you seen target's new halloween line? LOL id use half of it on the regular

Figured I'd share this news clipping I found whilst doing my research a few weeks back. Not nearly as interesting as some of the monster sightings but still a fun read.
    Very cool! (i even find the ads interesting).... pls keep posting these... i do wish to read the end of the story tho LOL
    Last edited by Mystik_Leah; 08-16-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Add Arking on Facebook
    No time to swim alas. I've nearly given up hope, I did take a photo the other day though, not too happy with it so I'm not sure what I'll do.

I do have the rest of this article, silly me I posted the wrong version of this story. Shockingly it's only another paragraph long really.

If I get my shipping information up I'll start another thread for etsy wares. As it's the off season I'm pretty low on stock so it's all shut down for now. I had a lot of fun planning an actual retail location though, coming up with store names, signs, and themed products.

Add Arking on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiDoodle View Post
    I find both cryptozoology so fascinating!! For myself, I'm pretty much interested in anything fantasy, although Mermaids have been near and dear to myself for quite some time, and are the major focus in a lot of work I do! Lots of dragons, gryphons, and other beasties, too!

As far as working on these things creatively, actually my entire career is focused on fantasy! I do both book covers for young adult fantasy novels, children's book illustrations, and all kinds of other fantasy based artwork. I have several friends who focus on Fae and folklore, and I see a lot of creatives making a living focusing on the fantastic!

It's just too much fun, so I'm glad other people support us.
    You should share some of your cover work!

Follow KikiDoodle On Twitter Add KikiDoodle on Facebook
    Follow KikiDoodle on Tumblr
    Here's a handful of my favorite ones I've done!

Name:  03-1.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  175.1 KBName:  08.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  262.6 KB
    Name:  cover2.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  268.3 KB
    Name:  LOREMASTER SAMPLE v.3.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  280.1 KB

(The title of that last one is The Wishing World! I edited out the front section so the art was more visible)
    We've discovered some new Purrmaids! https://deepsea.purrmaids.com
    Adoptions are open! https://purrmaids.com

[QUOTE=KikiDoodle;284596]Here's a handful of my favorite ones I've done!

Nice! They all look great

Add Arking on Facebook
    Ooh lovely, you have way more talent than I in illustration. :O

Add Arking on Facebook
    I have way too many things going on. Thankfully in the past two weeks I've managed to catch up on some really long standing projects (two years or more) that I've been really wanting to finish. I repaired my Vintage Radio, and built an AM radio transmitter for my halloween dinner party in October. I've also finished dressing my robotic spider, and have started putting more etsy crafts together to get the shop ready again for fall. This week I still need to finish making patches for cryptids, themed hand made soaps, and some posters for the lunar cycles in both embroidery and digital print.

Add Keiris on Facebook
    Sounds like you're going to be a very busy lad for awhile. At least it will keep you off the streets at night. ;-)

Add Arking on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    Sounds like you're going to be a very busy lad for awhile. At least it will keep you off the streets at night. ;-)
    HA! True

Add Keiris on Facebook
    HA! True
    I know.....I'm feeling deprived already.

Add Arking on Facebook
    BAahahaha , guess who's going to the beach for a photoshoot today?

Add Keiris on Facebook