Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Monofins and compatible tail-skins

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Has anyone put a fin fun in a mertailor guppy, which fits the Linden fin? I figure if a Linden fin can be put in an FF tail...I could stick a fin fun in the guppy. Now it may not look right or fill the fluke, but my purpose is to be a twin to my friend. I don't need to buy another monofin so buying the Linden is not going to be an option.

Okay, take two at uploading images.

Has anyone put a fin fun in a mertailor guppy, which fits the Linden fin?
    I know this is old, but I happen to have a FinFun amp and a Guppy, so I thought I'd put them together and post an image. It does technically fit, but it doesn't really fill it out properly, and though I haven't tried swimming in it I feel like the extra fabric might cause a little drag. Here's the amp in the guppy:
    Name:  Finfun in Guppy.jpg
Views: 2149
Size:  235.0 KB

I really want to upload a photo with the Linden, but no matter what I do I'm told I've "exceeded my quota" and no amount of resizing or deleting my post and trying again will let me upload it, and I'm not comfortable using imgur.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofalltheworlds View Post
    Okay, take two at uploading images.

I know this is old, but I happen to have a FinFun amp and a Guppy, so I thought I'd put them together and post an image. It does technically fit, but it doesn't really fill it out properly, and though I haven't tried swimming in it I feel like the extra fabric might cause a little drag. Here's the amp in the guppy:
    Name:  Finfun in Guppy.jpg
Views: 2149
Size:  235.0 KB

I really want to upload a photo with the Linden, but no matter what I do I'm told I've "exceeded my quota" and no amount of resizing or deleting my post and trying again will let me upload it, and I'm not comfortable using imgur.
    You need to host the images on another website, then put the link in. Mernetwork no longer has options to add to your albums anymore.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I think this is probably a long shot but does a Finish Wave fit any fabric tails?

Quote Originally Posted by Nwwoodsymermaid View Post
    I think this is probably a long shot but does a Finish Wave fit any fabric tails?
    Nope. Not in any of the premade tails. I know, I did try when I had a Finis Wave. I even cut it to fit into a Fin Fun but lost so much propulsion, you're better off making your own tail for it, or finding someone that does custom fabric tails.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 03-07-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Any idea if the mertailor tail slings will fit the fantasea too monofin?

Sent from my SM-A102U using MerNetwork mobile app

I just wanted to add one that fits the luna, the mertailor guppy! It looks fantastic in the guppy, I mean it has the silicone flop of the luna and the look of a mertailor tail, that combo is basically the whimsy tails at a fraction of the 500 dollar price tag. (A little bit smaller, too, but if you've ever seen an original fantasea compared to the puna it's really not that far off)

Sent from my SM-G960U using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TheMermaidArtemis View Post
    Any idea if the mertailor tail slings will fit the fantasea too monofin?

So, I have the Fantasea Too and the mahina, and I checked to see if the Too was the same as the mahina in the middle of the fluke (where the sling would go) and, it's not the same. ITS SHORTER! so if you can fit the mahina in these slings, you can ABSOLUTELY fit a Fantasea Fin Too!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MerNetwork mobile app

Has anyone here used a Fin Fun monofin in a Delfina tail and can post pix? How snug does it fit?

https://youtu.be/ZE5FLFrZ0mI heres my test of monofins that will fit in the FinFolk!

Sent from my SM-A205W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Anyone know if the Mertailor slings will fit the fantasea fin 3?

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRunes View Post
    Anyone know if the Mertailor slings will fit the fantasea fin 3?
    No. Only the original Fantasea. Other Fantasea fins are too large.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Has anyone here used a Fin Fun monofin in a Delfina tail and can post pix? How snug does it fit?
    The answer is, it fits fine but there's still loose, wavy bits on the end. Haven't swam in it yet.

I just wanted to give a heads-up to anyone else who uses a Luna monofin in the extra small guppy skin that I did have the zipper on my skin break shortly after I started using the Luna in it. I think the monofin was a bit too wide and was putting too much pressure on the zipper, possibly. I'm not sure if this happens with all sizes or if it's just because I have the extra small, but I wanted to put it out there.

It's too bad, because I really liked them together, but I'm going to have to switch to a FinFun skin with it for now

The problem is that you could damage tailskin by putting monfins into a tail that’s not designed for.

This is a fantastic resource, thank you for compiling it!! I'm thinking of getting the Mermaid Linden by BodyGlove and I was surprised to see that as long as it's been around, Mertailor seems to be the only mass-market tail made for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    This is a fantastic resource, thank you for compiling it!! I'm thinking of getting the Mermaid Linden by BodyGlove and I was surprised to see that as long as it's been around, Mertailor seems to be the only mass-market tail made for them.
    it is true! Howewver, Shop Vancouver Mermaid can make tails custom to fit it! As well, you can wedge it inside pretty much any "finfun shaped" tail, with a wit of risk of overstretching the fabric.
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Yes, I am always admiring Vancouver Mermaid's tails hehe <3 And good to know about the FinFun tails too!

I have the blue one. Does anyone know of a tail maker for this fin? And no, I didn't buy it from Aquamermaid. I got mine a year before she got them all for her business. Now, I can't even buy a replacement unless I am buying many of them.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...697642326.html

Anyone know how well a Luna monofin looks/works in a mertailor original whimsy tail?