Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Monofins and compatible tail-skins

There is a company making tail skins to fit the mahina. Swimtails? I think. They look nice! Made out of neoprene.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrandie View Post
    There is a company making tail skins to fit the mahina. Swimtails? I think. They look nice! Made out of neoprene.

Yep! I talk about it in this video and how they're not actually made out of neoprene https://youtu.be/FAida17jizg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Anyone try one of mertailors new fabric skins over a Mahina? I have a Mahina, LOVE the propulsion, add have had a few skins ‘made’. Costs a lot more than the new skins they make to go over their new fin. I don’t need a new fin, just more tails.... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidenspins View Post
    Anyone try one of mertailors new fabric skins over a Mahina? I have a Mahina, LOVE the propulsion, add have had a few skins ‘made’. Costs a lot more than the new skins they make to go over their new fin. I don’t need a new fin, just more tails.... thanks
    https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...tasea-Tailskin
    yes, the mahina will fit into the mertailor fantasea fabric tail, but it will stretch a little

Quote Originally Posted by -Mermaid Amber- View Post
    https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...tasea-Tailskin
    yes, the mahina will fit into the mertailor fantasea fabric tail, but it will stretch a little
    Oooo that looks really nice!!

Store Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Daisea View Post
    Unfortunately, the Luna monofin is too big to fit a regular Magictail/Finfun/Suntails tailskin. :/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCUUhJSJqos
    ^she was able to fit the bigger finis luna monofin into a fin fun tailskin
    if you have a child- sized finfun skin it might not work

Omg, thanks for answering with that great link! It helps me out! I’m about to buy 2 new colors... but I hate returning things. It sounds like it fits, with a little struggle, but it will fit!! Ordering now!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod SelkieCyrus's Avatar
    i just got my new luna adult monofin in today, took it for a spin in my adult finfun dragonfly skin (fits finfun pro and suntails nunui monofins) tail skin, it fits, there is a little stretch in the middle of the fluke as the skin was not cut to be so wide half way down, but the fabric relaxes in the water and there is no damage from the one time use. the bottom of the monofin peeks out about an inch, changing the profile from the sleek fluke to the ribbed wave pattern, but as long as you have a tail that matches the monofin's color scheme it doesn't look bad at all. the heel profile is much more slimmed down from the finfun pro/ suntail heel, the only thing that might stick out as odd in pictures are the ankle buttons for the straps. i don't find myself bothered by it if you take the time to tuck the straps right, it blends the silhouette pretty nicely. i will continue to wear the luna with the dragonfly to see if any inherit problems arise.

Does anyone know if a finfun monofin would fit in a mertailor whimsy fantasea tailskin? The fantasea and the finfun look like they're roughly the same size, but I thought I'd ask the experts first. I love the royal angel tail, but I don't want to buy the fantasea fin if the tail will fit in the finfin monofin I already have :/

https://www.themertailor.com/royal-a...maid-tail.html

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I just finished stitching up my old Mertailor Ecotail to fit the newer Fantasea Fin! This used to cover the EcoTail fluke (don’t remember what they recommended pairing it with). It would normally cover the whole fluke- I had to alter it to look like ones that end in a ‘V’ shape- there was not enough fabric to cover the Fantasea Fin fluke. It still turned out really well.
    My first tail ever began like this- I bought a Mahina, loved the price/look of the Ecotails. For my first ‘tail’, I opened up the bottom of my Ecotail and just let it flow over the top of my Mahina. I was thinking/wondering IF I could stitch this V shape over the Mahina- but I didn’t want to cut my fluke or tear up my fabric tail I loved so much... fast forward a year...
    I recently bought a Fantasea Fin plus 2 ‘V’ fitting skins! I love them! The Fantasea doesn’t need as much fabric at the V point, so I decided to try to finally stitch the old Ecotail to slide into the Fantasea Fin! I just finished a couple days ago! It really looks okay for my hand stitching, and not really being sure of what would work/hold. I cannot wait to take her out swimming on Tues!!! I bought the Ecotail as a set- so, I have the matching leggings & bikini top, I wanted to still use all the matching parts- now I can! I will try to attach my pic of finished job- and if I can get video on Tues I will try to upload it. Not having luck w/video yet....

I also took a video how I did it- if anyone needs to see it. I was totally winging it, I craft a lot, I am not a professional seamstress. If I share the video, it would be a ‘do this at your own risk’ type situation, I cannot guarantee that what I was able to do, will always work. I just got to the point that wearing an open, floppy fabric tail wasn’t as satisfying as MAYBE I could get it to look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidenspins View Post
    I just finished stitching up my old Mertailor Ecotail to fit the newer Fantasea Fin! This used to cover the EcoTail fluke (don’t remember what they recommended pairing it with). It would normally cover the whole fluke- I had to alter it to look like ones that end in a ‘V’ shape- there was not enough fabric to cover the Fantasea Fin fluke. It still turned out really well.
    My first tail ever began like this- I bought a Mahina, loved the price/look of the Ecotails. For my first ‘tail’, I opened up the bottom of my Ecotail and just let it flow over the top of my Mahina. I was thinking/wondering IF I could stitch this V shape over the Mahina- but I didn’t want to cut my fluke or tear up my fabric tail I loved so much... fast forward a year...
    I recently bought a Fantasea Fin plus 2 ‘V’ fitting skins! I love them! The Fantasea doesn’t need as much fabric at the V point, so I decided to try to finally stitch the old Ecotail to slide into the Fantasea Fin! I just finished a couple days ago! It really looks okay for my hand stitching, and not really being sure of what would work/hold. I cannot wait to take her out swimming on Tues!!! I bought the Ecotail as a set- so, I have the matching leggings & bikini top, I wanted to still use all the matching parts- now I can! I will try to attach my pic of finished job- and if I can get video on Tues I will try to upload it. Not having luck w/video yet....

I also took a video how I did it- if anyone needs to see it. I was totally winging it, I craft a lot, I am not a professional seamstress. If I share the video, it would be a ‘do this at your own risk’ type situation, I cannot guarantee that what I was able to do, will always work. I just got to the point that wearing an open, floppy fabric tail wasn’t as satisfying as MAYBE I could get it to look like.

I love love love this idea! I have a bunch of tail skins but no good monofin to use with them. This is fantastic!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Does anyone know if the Adult Linden monofin will fit the finfolk fabric tails?

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    The linden adult monofin fits the FinFolk fabrics!

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidSolstice's Avatar
    Will the adult mermaid linden fit in an adult FinFun tailskin?
    "I must be a mermaid...I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." -Anais Nin

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidSolstice View Post
    Will the adult mermaid linden fit in an adult FinFun tailskin?
    I mean... it WILL, but ir doesn’t look nice and it stretches the fabric all wrong

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Does anything else fit the Mahina aside from Finfolk, Swimtails, and Magictail? (I did see the Mertailer post, but I'm not interested in the 'sling' type.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Does anything else fit the Mahina aside from Finfolk, Swimtails, and Magictail? (I did see the Mertailer post, but I'm not interested in the 'sling' type.)
    None that that I know of personally.

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk
    Store Blog

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Whoops I didn't mean Finfolk (I say that because I saw a vid where someone was able to get it in there and use it). Mermaids Inc is the other I think.

It's been a long time since anyone talked in this thread but I figured it would be a good place to ask. Is the newer adult Linden Monofin compatible with a suntails skin?