Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monofins and compatible tail-skins

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Hmmm it works on my phone's normal browser and my adblock phone browser. Those are direct links to the images. My laptop isn't in the shape to mess with it on a desktop
    Hmm... Still getting the 404 page... Maybe I can search it under a specific name?
    Formerly known as ireneho

Junior Member Pod of Texas LunaRose's Avatar
    Follow LunaRose On Twitter Add LunaRose on Facebook
    Actually I found a video the mermaid seamstress did on YouTube with her fitting the adult size monofin in a finfun... My new finfun is coming next week and I'll give it a try but if there is no way I'll have to use my spare cheapy till I can get the pro fin mailed in

Oh and here is the video link 😀❤️
    Thank you for your help though Mari

https://youtu.be/M_kX21V4Mtg

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Hmm... Still getting the 404 page... Maybe I can search it under a specific name?
    Imgur is screwy. It works from my phone, but on my laptop where I am now, it allows me to do everything but access my images. Try coming to the forum on your cell. I'll try to link the pix elsewhere.

Links show a 404 page.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post

Thanks Tradewinds!

Hey all! It's been a while, but I have updated my spreadsheet with additional information you guys have included in this thread. I am only including tailskins that you can buy off-the-rack, nothing custom. I am posting them as photos since the layout never worked on mobile. Let me know if I've gotten anything wrong or missed anything!

Reminder: Many of these monofin/tailskin combos are not by the manufacturers' design and, depending on who you talk to, some of these combinations may affect the life of your tailskin or monofin. These spreadsheets are meant to be a guide or a starting point when figuring out what monofin or tailskin to get but you should definitely do your own research and use your own discretion. A lot of this information was gathered from previous posts in this thread, and various mermaids' youtube videos (mostly Nerdmaid Faith), so I would definitely suggest using those resources to make your final decision

Name:  Compatible Tailskins by Monofin.png
Views: 4309
Size:  182.7 KB
    Name:  Compatible Monofins by Tailskin.png
Views: 4415
Size:  163.1 KB
    Last edited by mermaidawesome; 03-10-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    Mermaid Awesome
    Insta: @theawesomemermaid

Mermaidawesome, you should put a mention in there that the Mahina in the Mertailor sling and Finfolk can damage or stretch the fabric so people should research carefully and make sure that is really what they want to do. Just like I can fit my Nunui in my Finfun but it ends up stretching the fabric and could bust a seam.

Yeah, there are a couple like that (the Linden monofin in the FinFun skin is another one) and I'm not exactly sure how to address it. I kind of made this list based on what CAN fit and function and look reasonably good, because obviously many of these tailskin/monofin combos are not by design. Maybe I will go back and add to my post that people need to do their research and mix and match to their own discretion...
    Mermaid Awesome

I would do a classic, I am not responsible for what you do with this info. If someome messes up their tail or fin, that's on them.

Just have the ones that's been tried and tested to fit properly, without causing additional problems like the print going wonky when you put in another brand of monofin.

Mixing and matching skins and fins can be quite damaging, if you put say, a Sun Tail Nunui into a new Fin Fun/Magictal skin.

Just have the ones that's been tried and tested to fit properly, without causing additional problems like the print going wonky when you put in another brand of monofin.
    The issue is that people disagree about what works and what doesn’t. For example I have read from some people that the Linden monofin won’t work in a FinFun but I’ve also seen videos of it being used in a FinFun and the mermaid really liking it (and I thought it looked good too). Sooo it’s not really that cut and dry to me. My motivation for creating this list originally was to figure out what combinations could work and not just combinations that are perfect fits. I get what you guys are saying though. I did add a message in my post acknowledging that some combinations may affect the tail and/or monofin and that people should use discretion when mixing and matching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Awesome

Ya, maybe add a warning or some kind of user discretion. Because, those of us that have tried mix and matching tails and fins, some with success, some without. Like if you use it after we told you many times it doesn't, and you'd ruin it, its not our fault.

Back to Sun Tail Nunui, I know I'm using this example alot, that is because it did happen to another merman and it was my fin that did it. I still feel terrible even though it was a year or so ago and he's moved on (in tails) since then. You could add a little note in that section, that it will fit old Fin Fun and Magic tails, ones that have stretched out and are loose on the fluke area. But never in new skins as it will wear holes along the seam during the swim.

And the same for other monofins like the Linden, that are of a different shape.

Ya, maybe add a warning or some kind of user discretion. Because, those of us that have tried mix and matching tails and fins, some with success, some without. Like if you use it after we told you many times it doesn't, and you'd ruin it, its not our fault.
    I already have a user discretion note in my post.

Back to Sun Tail Nunui, I know I'm using this example alot, that is because it did happen to another merman and it was my fin that did it. I still feel terrible even though it was a year or so ago and he's moved on (in tails) since then. You could add a little note in that section, that it will fit old Fin Fun and Magic tails, ones that have stretched out and are loose on the fluke area. But never in new skins as it will wear holes along the seam during the swim.
    I don't have anywhere in my spreadsheet that you should use the Suntail monofin in anything other than the Suntail tail.
    Mermaid Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidawesome View Post
    I already have a user discretion note in my post.

I don't have anywhere in my spreadsheet that you should use the Suntail monofin in anything other than the Suntail tail.
    Oh yep, I must've missed that on the first read over.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Linden has kids tail skins that fit the small body glove
    So does mertailor

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Linden has kids tail skins that fit the small body glove
    So does mertailor

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Oh! Thanks for the info! I’ll update my spreadsheet and repost

Mermaid Awesome

I'm pretty new and want to buy a proper monofin. I settled for the SunTails. Problem: I have feet size 3.5 - and you guess it: I'm adult and have an Suntails JM size... sooo... there's written here that the Nunui don't really fit into a new finfun, but what about the smaller Keiki? Anyone have any idea how to mix the Keiki? Or should I buy a magictail (second place to me) instead?

Quote Originally Posted by tearchen View Post
    I'm pretty new and want to buy a proper monofin. I settled for the SunTails. Problem: I have feet size 3.5 - and you guess it: I'm adult and have an Suntails JM size... sooo... there's written here that the Nunui don't really fit into a new finfun, but what about the smaller Keiki? Anyone have any idea how to mix the Keiki? Or should I buy a magictail (second place to me) instead?
    The Mirage Rubber Mermaid Monofin will fit into adult Sun Tail, Magictail and Fin Fun skins. It goes up to Ladies size 6 shoe.
    Here's what it looks like.
    https://www.fishingtackleshop.com.au...-swim-fin.html

Quote Originally Posted by tearchen View Post
    Are you asking if the Keiki will fit into the adult suntails and finfun tailskins? I happen to have both of these and I can happily try in in both my suntails and finfun skins to show you what it looks like if you would like?