Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Monofins and compatible tail-skins

Monofins and compatible tail-skins

Quote Originally Posted by tearchen View Post
    I'm pretty new and want to buy a proper monofin. I settled for the SunTails. Problem: I have feet size 3.5 - and you guess it: I'm adult and have an Suntails JM size... sooo... there's written here that the Nunui don't really fit into a new finfun, but what about the smaller Keiki? Anyone have any idea how to mix the Keiki? Or should I buy a magictail (second place to me) instead?

Here’s some pics of the keiki fin with the size adult large suntails Bali blush and the finfun blue tang tails and how they look with the fin on top and inside the skins. Last pic is the size comparison between the keiki and nunui monofins by suntails.
    Conclusion- it fits loosely with room to spare
    But the finfun has a better (snugger) fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! That's really REALLY helpful!

I ordered the nunui in the meantime but since it's - well - almost perfect fitting, to see I can use the Keiki with more different tails, I will reorder a Keiki with a FinFan Tail <3 - Edit: Someday at least! ;-) We all need different ones from time to time :-)

Maybe someone can at "Keiki - FinFun-Fitting" to the table above?
    Last edited by tearchen; 03-30-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    The more I keep looking at the Linden adult monofin, the more I'm leaning towards buying one!

So... Does it fit an adult sized Sun Tail skin?
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 05-05-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I've got my adult Linden monofin inside a finfun limited edition tail and it fits great, no distortion to the pattern or anything. It was a little bit of a squeeze to get in but it looks fantastic Name:  20190502_095730.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  116.2 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Junior Member Pod of Texas LunaRose's Avatar
    Follow LunaRose On Twitter Add LunaRose on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I've got my adult Linden monofin inside a finfun limited edition tail and it fits great, no distortion to the pattern or anything. It was a little bit of a squeeze to get in but it looks fantastic Name:  20190502_095730.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  116.2 KB

Yea! That’s what I asked about before but everyone told me no lol but yea it does stretch it out to where it wouldn’t fit other smaller monofins over time but all I have is the linden right now

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I just tested the Adult Mermaid Linden in a Suntails tailskin. Fits perfect! Swims well with none of the Linden showing. I'm going to order me a Suntail skin just for it since I'm pretty sure it'll stretch out my current one.

Oh brilliant. Widget also uses a finfun tail skin for her Luna monofin so I'm gonna get another one

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    Just had a look. They are more expensive than finfun and dont have as many colours

If you're ordering just a tailskin, it is. Finfun's tailskin at its cheapest is $44.95 USD plus shipping since it's under $50, Suntails is $39.95 USD free shipping. So, it depends on what you're wanting to order, and where from, I suppose. I'm unsure about out of country. *Lives in the US*
    Last edited by MermaidTajia; 05-21-2019 at 02:50 AM.

these ones are European: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/fins-masks-and-snorkels-monofins/1081/s#fq=id_familia%3A3&fq={!tag=ds}id_subfamilia%3A10 81&fq=id_tienda%3A1&sort=v30+desc,product(tm1,%20d ispo)+asc&start=0&fq={!tag=dm}marca%3A%22So%20dive %22

Has anyone used a Finis Rapid? I'm getting a Finfolk tail and I don't know if this fin will fit - I'll suck it up and buy the Shooter if I have to, but I was hoping for something with adjustable straps.

Does anyone know if a Linden monofin CAN fit in any of the mertailor fabric tails? I know they recommend their own monofins, i'm just curious. Bonus points for an overlay picture. Thanks in advance!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaReineRousse View Post
    Does anyone know if a Linden monofin CAN fit in any of the mertailor fabric tails? I know they recommend their own monofins, i'm just curious. Bonus points for an overlay picture. Thanks in advance!
    The mertailor Guppy fabric tails are made to fit the linden monofin. There are multiple skin options to choose from. Go take a look: https://www.themertailor.com/shop-wo...ppy-tails.html
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Quote Originally Posted by The Water Phoenix View Post
    The mertailor Guppy fabric tails are made to fit the linden monofin. There are multiple skin options to choose from. Go take a look: https://www.themertailor.com/shop-wo...ppy-tails.html
    So the Linden does not fit in their other tails or is not recommended for them? Sorry if this is an ignorant question, I'm still learning a lot about this exciting new hobby.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaReineRousse View Post
    So the Linden does not fit in their other tails or is not recommended for them? Sorry if this is an ignorant question, I'm still learning a lot about this exciting new hobby.
    Only the mertailor guppy tails are designed for the linden monofin, the others require their own monofin.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Quote Originally Posted by The Water Phoenix View Post
    Only the mertailor guppy tails are designed for the linden monofin, the others require their own monofin.
    Understood. Thank you so much!