Thread: The temptations and starting out

The temptations and starting out

For me still being new in the community I have a great question.

Like an artist like myself get urges to draw and it can prevent an artist from thinking until their mind is on the paper.

Can mermaiding have the same effect or like drawing for me is a great stress relief?

One thing for sure mermaiding is always on my mind and telling my ideas you parents for how I'm going to make my tail to the point I annoy them about it

It's always been a dream of mine to be a mermaid after watching The Little Mermaid, Splash, and Aquamarine. Not having a pool in my backyard for a relaxing swim is impossible for my project to start and practice in. But without a job I can't get the money to begin.

Sent from my SM-J320V using MerNetwork mobile app

I definitely get "mermaid urges" as I call them, haha. Like I feel like I just need to go swim sometimes, or I see a beautiful beach/lake/fountain etc and just want to get my mermaid fins in there! Mermaiding is definitely a stress reliever for me as well. I also love the creative aspect of making accessories, editing photos and video, etc.

Money to start out is a struggle for many mers. Maybe the tips on this thread will help a little? I remember when I was saving up for my first monofin and fabric tail it felt like I was going to go nuts, I wanted it so badly! I got the monofin first, and the tail came a while after. But it was totally worth the wait! Don't forget that if you have a JoAnn fabrics near by, they have regular 40% off coupons that you can use on swim fabric to make your tail. Back when I started, even how to make a fabric tail was a industry secret and very hush hush, or I would have had one a lot sooner! Good luck with your savings and tailmaking

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    I definitely get "mermaid urges" as I call them, haha. Like I feel like I just need to go swim sometimes, or I see a beautiful beach/lake/fountain etc and just want to get my mermaid fins in there! Mermaiding is definitely a stress reliever for me as well. I also love the creative aspect of making accessories, editing photos and video, etc.

Money to start out is a struggle for many mers. Maybe the tips on this thread will help a little? I remember when I was saving up for my first monofin and fabric tail it felt like I was going to go nuts, I wanted it so badly! I got the monofin first, and the tail came a while after. But it was totally worth the wait! Don't forget that if you have a JoAnn fabrics near by, they have regular 40% off coupons that you can use on swim fabric to make your tail. Back when I started, even how to make a fabric tail was a industry secret and very hush hush, or I would have had one a lot sooner! Good luck with your savings and tailmaking
    Thank you so much !

Sent from my SM-J320V using MerNetwork mobile app