Thread: New merman monofin?

New merman monofin?

Hi guys! New merman here! I am looking to start with just a monofin and make a fabric tail with it. I would like something that would give me nice propulsion, but also look very nice in the water and allow me to do flips and quick turns. I have been considering the aquarius, and Luna. I am open to any suggestions you might have and of course thank you!

I would recommend the Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    I would recommend the Hydra.
    Thank you!

Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Bree's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Bree on Facebook
    There is a comment here on a cracked Hydra. Stress-fracture, most likely. FWIW, I have a Sun Tails, and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Bree View Post
    There is a comment here on a cracked Hydra. Stress-fracture, most likely. FWIW, I have a Sun Tails, and love it.
    Thank you so much!

I don't own one - this is a post on MerNetwork about it:

Hydra Monofin Crack

So I've had my hydra monofin for a couple of years now, and just as I'm getting ready to put it into an actual tail, I've noticed that theres a crack in it where the main part of the fin is joined to where the feet go. Regrettably, I only noticed this after I had cut my neoprene...

Now, I wanted my fluke to be a lot bigger than the monofin is, so I do have some room to play with if I wanted to go with a different monofin. But at the moment funds are pretty tight and if possible I would prefer not to have to buy a whole new monofin if I don't have to.

From what you can see in the pictures, do you guys think it's possible for me to repair or if I can still use it in a tail as is? Keep in mind that I planned to glue the neoprene down completely so taking it out after it's finished isn't really an option.

I don't own one - this is a post on MerNetwork about it:

Hydra Monofin Crack

So I've had my hydra monofin for a couple of years now, and just as I'm getting ready to put it into an actual tail, I've noticed that theres a crack in it where the main part of the fin is joined to where the feet go. Regrettably, I only noticed this after I had cut my neoprene...

Now, I wanted my fluke to be a lot bigger than the monofin is, so I do have some room to play with if I wanted to go with a different monofin. But at the moment funds are pretty tight and if possible I would prefer not to have to buy a whole new monofin if I don't have to.

From what you can see in the pictures, do you guys think it's possible for me to repair or if I can still use it in a tail as is? Keep in mind that I planned to glue the neoprene down completely so taking it out after it's finished isn't really an option.

Oh wow Ya that looks like it could be very frustrating! Do u know much about the Aquarius monofin?

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Hi Daniel. Where are you planning to swim? I use my competitor for ocean swimming and a foil for fun in the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    Hi Daniel. Where are you planning to swim? I use my competitor for ocean swimming and a foil for fun in the pool.
    Hi Keri's!
    Mostly pools, as I live in Michigan and the closest I can get to large bodies of water is the great lakes. There all small ponds and lakes but recently there has been an outbreak of brain eating bacteria in lots of small bodies of water in Michigan. Thank you so much!

I bought a Sun Tails for myself and my daughter. We like them so far but haven't gotten to swim in them much due to the new baby.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Cool thing about the Sun Tails is that you can replace the neoprene 'boot' as it is not directly integrated into the fin itself. Some intelligent thinking there...

Cool thing about the Sun Tails is that you can replace the neoprene 'boot' as it is not directly integrated into the fin itself. Some intelligent thinking there...
    My only problem with jumping into a sun tail monofin is that the monofin is on the smaller side and I am worried about the propulsion.

Well, I am 6"4", size W(15) foot, 230 lbs ( ) and I have the NuNui (adult) Sun Tails. It drives me around in the pool just fine !

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    The Luna is really great for quick turns as it's very flexible, I got one just recently. It's also very durable, and gives adequate propulsion. Because of its flexibility it looks so great in the water, very flowy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Alas, for those of us adults with extra-huge feet...

If you are interested in the Finis Luna or Foil, Zulily has them on sale.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk