Thread: I made it into a local newspaper

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar

I made it into a local newspaper

A couple of weeks ago I went on vacation in Florida. Several times I went swimming at the beach (we were on the gulf side) with my tail. A local took pictures and submitted them to the local newspaper. There is the article:

'Merman' sighted in Bradenton Beach

joe hendricks | SUN
    Mama Bee & Ms. Monkey | Submitted
    Merman appears from time to time on the
    beach near the BeachHouse restaurant in Bradenton Beach.
    Ms. Monkey and Mama Bee were among those who
    encountered Merman last week.

BY JOE HENDRICKS SUN CORRESPONDENT | jhendricks@amisun.com
    BRADENTON BEACH – The mysterious and mythical “Merman” was spotted again last week near the BeachHouse restaurant in Bradenton Beach.
    Several beachgoers and passersby reported encounters with the part-man, part-mermaid who enjoys lounging in surf and frolicking in the sand and is known to be sociable and camera-friendly. Usually seen alone, it is not known whether Merman has a mermaid companion that accompanies him on his travels in and around the Gulf of Mexico.
    BeachHouse Chef Donald White says Merman appears on the beach from time to time and that’s about all he knows about the colorful local character.
    Bradenton Beach Police Chief Sam Speciale said he is aware of the Merman sightings but he knows little else about the mysterious man of the sea.
    Erica Johnson is a professional photographer and she briefly encountered Merman during a photo shoot on the beach last week.
    “I didn’t get to speak to him to directly, but he seemed real positive and happy, and he spoke with a European accent,”said Johnson, who also works at The Waterfront restaurant in Anna Maria.
    A longtime Island resident who wished to remain anonymous said, “He’s the real deal and he might also fight crime, seek truth and do other super hero things in his spare time.”
    The Sun’s efforts to make direct contact with Merman have thus far proved elusive and are ongoing.

Here is a link:
    http://amisun.com/headlines.htm#seven

A few odd things: European accent? I'm from So California!
    Also, somehow my Mer-name did not make it into the article, even though I gave it out quite often.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    CONGRATS!
    East Coasters tend to get that European vibe from SW-er's accents... Idk why.
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Congrats
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

That's awesome!