Thread: Has anybody bought this tale?

Has anybody bought this tale?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Newest-Luxurio...257Ciid%253A20

I found this tail browsing through eBay and o believe it is a fabric tail. It looks to good to be true for the price so I was just wondering if anyone else has bought it. Thank you!

These are fabric knockoffs of Finfolk tails. I believe there's a thread around here somewhere.

From what I've heard, the print is stretched and pixelated due to it being taken from photos and the monofin is less than favorable.

It does seem to photograph beautifully, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    I'd advise against buying from them.

They seem to have stolen designs and printed them onto fabric. It is very much a 'too good to be true' scenario.
    I think others have bought them, and I'm unsure of how well they worked, but it really got some bad rep when it was discovered that they stole designs made by other mertail artists like MerNation and MerTailor. The community doesn't like supporting it, either.

I don't know what monofin they use, but I wouldn't trust it!

Just my two cents
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Likewise to what everyone else is staying. Sure it's an amazing price for what it is, and it probably functions just fine in the water.

Looking at it you can tell it's a digitally printed design likely on 4 way stretch spandex not unlike the Spiderman and Zentai costumes you see being made and sold for cosplay purposes. The common problems would be that the design is printed on unstretched material so one size fits all is not necessarily true and over stretching would lead to loss of print quality where the over stretched white spandex is visible, though from experience this is easily remedied with a sharpie or small amounts of fabric paint in problem areas.

The real issue though is that this company is stealing original designs from actual practicing artists within the community and profiting immensely from them as they are mass produced and made using lesser materials and methods at unbeatable prices. Supporting this practice nets you a pretty unique tail for a bargain price but it's also hurting they very community you're trying to break into. So it comes down to a moral dilemma treally. You'd be hard pressed to find anything in fabric like it available elsewhere that isn't bespoke though.

Thank you so much all! I think I will just rather be safe then sorry. There are many other tails out there that I know are reputable. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Daniel View Post
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Newest-Luxurio...257Ciid%253A20

I found this tail browsing through eBay and o believe it is a fabric tail. It looks to good to be true for the price so I was just wondering if anyone else has bought it. Thank you!
    Oh hell no! That's a rip off of FinFolks tails! You'd open a whole can of unpleasant worms if you buy that tail.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Bree's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Bree on Facebook
    Unpleasant worms, and likely unpleasant experiences in short order due TO the 'cheap fabric'... It tears just looking at it???? FWIW - I got my tail from Lori @ OnceUponAMermaid on Etsy. She can custom to your fit, and the Sun Tails fin she uses impressed the heck out of me... (The foot 'sock' around the fin itself IS replaceable for like $17.00)

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    These tails pop up everywhere. Like has been stated they are FinFolk designs. Last time they surfaced I talked to the tail seller. She explained that she cut a piece of some kind of material and added it to the monofin, but the picture in the listing seems to show that there is no extension. However, it doesn't really matter as they do steal designs, the tails are bad quality, and we try not to support them.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk