Thread: Aliexpress seller selling fabric finfolk tails

Senior Member Euro Pod

Aliexpress seller selling fabric finfolk tails

I was curious if Aliexpress sold monofins (to do a video like Aliexpress monofin review or so) and then stumbled upon this: 2017 NEW! Girls Kids/Children Adult Women Man Mermaid Tail With Monofin Photos Props Summer Beach Vacation Cospaly Costumes
    http://s.aliexpress.com/32a2AFRv
    (from AliExpress Android)
    as someone who stalks the finfolk productions instagram because of the gorgeousness I immediately recognised the designs. Any thoughts on this?

Yeah those are fabric knockoffs they are sold on eBay too. The majority of mers in this community don't like that knockoffs are being made and sold.

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    They're stealing finfolks designs blatantly, it makes me so sad to see people's art get taken and profited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Mari View Post
    They're stealing finfolks designs blatantly, it makes me so sad to see people's art get taken and profited.

Exactly, like they obviously have the means to make gorgeous fabric tails. Why do this then???

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidrobynn View Post
    Exactly, like they obviously have the means to make gorgeous fabric tails. Why do this then???
    I know right and I've seen how upset it makes Abbey and Bryn. I wish people could just be creative and make new things instead of leeching off of others

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Mari View Post
    I know right and I've seen how upset it makes Abbey and Bryn. I wish people could just be creative and make new things instead of leeching off of others

If I had the means I'd love making original tails like that, I mean I have to hand to them that the tails are beautiful. Because they are copied, but nontheless pretty. I'd love making a tail like that but with an original design instead :/

Add Scottish Clara on Facebook
    It annoys me as well this happens. It also annoys me when you share this on all the mer pages your joined on Facebook, shared this asking people to boycott people selling these knock offs but people don't need this and still buy them, and justify by saying oh it's only a tail.....no love it's someone's hard work, someone's design, someone's dream tail they have spent ages designing, waiting for, paying alot of money for.... and you think it's okay for a scam artist to steal this hard worked on design and sell it at another's expense. 😠😠 sorry this makes me mad 😢😢

Sent from my SM-G928F using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Sadly this trend is unlikely to diminish in any great way. So long as sellers and buyers are posting pictures online these companies will continue to follow and copy them. Your point on thinking up original designs is a good one and it's likely something they will do in the future.

I knew an artist that did oil paintings of gay celebrities whom had his work copied by a Chinese company and sold on eBay like this. They eventually made enough money from doing it they were able to replicate his style and create original works along with the knockoffs, even offering to do custom inserts of peoples faces.

My point by bringing that up is that this might just be a stepping stone for this company, they clearly have the means to recreate large scale digital prints, it won't be long until they start editing their own designs and recreating someone else's trademark style and profiting from original creations and not duplicated works putting them firmly in the right to sell category. Sadly I don't think there's much room to stop them at this point, I know it took a good campaign to bring awareness to the oil painting theft/copies but I don't think it amounted to actual banning of the practice or the removal of the company perpetuating the theft. It's up to the consumer to say no, give bad reviews, and communicate with other suppliers to be aware of malpractice.

Boycott at all costs if you ask me

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk