Thread: Mermaids out of water?

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook

Mermaids out of water?

Hi! I've been wanting to take good pictures of myself in my tail and me in water, but whenever I do, I find a few problems..

1. My hair, when wet, clumps together and makes my hair have spikey tips..
    2. I have absolutely nobody who will take pictures.. my moms taken pictures before, but they always turn out.. ehh..

The only ever photo I got was about two years ago, and my family was watching me swim from the hotel room, the pool being below them, so he took this picture

I've decided for now, I'll just take pictures out of water.. what are some good ideas? One I thought of was in the frontyard with the nice grass, but I just washed my tail, so I'm waiting til after it gets sandy or dirty to take that picture.

I have an iphone 6S, so i'm very limited on quality, but my editing skills are pretty good.

Anyway, any ideas for pictures to take on land would be helpful! Thank you!

The mermaid Amelia has sent her regards.
    St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    Do you have any lakes around you? A lakeside photoshoot would probably be cool!
    Or if you have somewhere rocky, that's cliche but still a very appealing place to pose with your tail!
    Think outside the box - be creative!

< 3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    Do you have any lakes around you? A lakeside photoshoot would probably be cool!
    Or if you have somewhere rocky, that's cliche but still a very appealing place to pose with your tail!
    Think outside the box - be creative!

< 3
    Nope. Any lakes are closed off to visitors near me. Closest is about an hour away:/

Rocks.. i'd be scared to cut my tail, butgood idea!

The mermaid Amelia has sent her regards.
    St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

I honestly enjoy cutesy "fish out of water" shoots. It makes the mer seem like they're not so untouchable, that they're relatable, fallible, just like us.

I would definitely recommend a selfie stick and some experimentation in hiding the pole when taking a photo.

I tend to only get new mermaid pics once a year or so (that actually look nice, anyway), so these quirky shoots hold me over.

I have a longing for a bathtub shoot, but I have a fabric tail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper