Thread: Is my tail offbrand?

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook

Is my tail offbrand?

While looking for a magictail skin, I came across the skin 'Ruby' and realized that this is the same exact design of my tail.. the magic tail VS mine is different, as magic tail has the little flaps at the fluke ends.. but its the literal same design

Am I going crazy? Or are these the same.. I sewed the little pieces at the end on, but the tail looks exactly like it!
    I bought the skin off amazon for 30 dollars or something just to replace my broken fin fun one.. maybe its just the same design? Same fabric?? :-;

The mermaid Amelia has sent her regards.
    St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    I think it's strikingly similar, but there are some differences!

Like you pointed out, you don't have the little tails on the tips of your fluke, which is a common Magictail design quirk! However, if you look, the tail in the listing has brighter colors and the blue stripe down the middle is edged in a soft gradient of pink before switching to red. Yours seems to be darker in colors and has a hard edged transition from blue to red, with no pink like the Magictail has.

Your tail seems to have more prominent details, like the scales and fluke being a darker outline color. On the Magictail, it seems lighter blue!

I think someone may have been inspired by the Magictail design, but it doesn't seem like it's an offbrand.
    < 3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    I think it's strikingly similar, but there are some differences!

Like you pointed out, you don't have the little tails on the tips of your fluke, which is a common Magictail design quirk! However, if you look, the tail in the listing has brighter colors and the blue stripe down the middle is edged in a soft gradient of pink before switching to red. Yours seems to be darker in colors and has a hard edged transition from blue to red, with no pink like the Magictail has.

Your tail seems to have more prominent details, like the scales and fluke being a darker outline color. On the Magictail, it seems lighter blue!

I think someone may have been inspired by the Magictail design, but it doesn't seem like it's an offbrand.
    < 3

Alrighty! Thx rebela!:3

St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

Quote Originally Posted by thatotakugalaxy View Post
    Alrighty! Thx rebela!:3

Not a problem!
    Anytime
    < 3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

I agree. I have a magic tail (Venus) and I would also add that the scale design is slightly different also.
    Lilyrose Fish

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    No tips is a Chinese knockoff. Usually can tell if its a fake, if part of the design is missing or blurred.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    No tips is a Chinese knockoff. Usually can tell if its a fake, if part of the design is missing or blurred.
    Exactly what Jaffa said
    Also, it'd be super pixelated if it were copied from an image of the tail, or from the original pattern of it !