Thread: Blocking

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar

Blocking

Is it possible to block a member from seeing any post I make on this website? I'm looking for a total block similar to like Facebook so the person can't even view my profile. I've blocked this person from from Tapatalk, Facebook, Instagram, and even my cell number. I'm looking for something beyond an ignore function.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

this does not work because anyone not signed in can view the post so the relation "you" - "other person" is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    this does not work because anyone not signed in can view the post so the relation "you" - "other person" is missing.
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    you can add the person to your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    you can add the person to your ignore list.
    What about blocking from the inbox?

Survivor of cyberbullies

you can report PMs to the admin by pressing on the ! button. I think an admin can stop them from being able to PM you. I actually just turn my PM system off.

Thank you. I'll go ahead and PM the admin

Survivor of cyberbullies

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel
    What happens if we ignore? Can they still see our posts and can they respond to us? I want to block someone too.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAnnabella View Post
    What happens if we ignore? Can they still see our posts and can they respond to us? I want to block someone too.
    They can see your post. All the ignore feature does is that it replaces their text to a message saying "a person you ignored responded to this message. Click to see message ".

Survivor of cyberbullies

I know the ignore function isn't great, guys :/ It's how the forum software is programmed to work, so it's just the way it is.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post

Not true...I just set my settings to only registered members so not anyone can view it. I also added to my customized list so she can’t view any of my posts. U might want to educate ur self further before posting a response; especially one that isn’t any help.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidElisa View Post
    Not true...I just set my settings to only registered members so not anyone can view it. I also added to my customized list so she can’t view any of my posts. U might want to educate ur self further before posting a response; especially one that isn’t any help.
    You are a newer member with very few posts but have seen fit to tell others how to post and taken a rude attitude with them. I suggest you rethink the way you're interacting. This is a fairly self-policing forum, with admin and moderators to step in when necessary. And if you read responses to your posts, it's clear you have not been winning a favorable response. You're going to end up in the drama thread at this rate.

There is no way to keep another member from seeing your posts on this forum. If you put them on ignore, you won't see theirs, but they can still see and respond to your posts, and those responses will show up with a line of text indicating they're on ignore and that you can click them if you choose to read them anyway.

Anyone can see your posts. This is not a forum that requires a registration for viewing, only for posting and certain subforums. Take a look at the forum while logged out. This is in incognito mode, not signed in. Say hello to the world.

Without being logged in, here is your post in the Mervert thread:

If you put someone on ignore, they will look like this:

Last edited by deepblue; 06-21-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Also, your "location" information isn't really appropriate to a mermaiding forum... You may want to join a mental health support group. Of your 8 posts quite a few are argumentative.

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidElisa View Post
    YOU might want to educate yourself on how this community works because so far your behavior has been downright unacceptable

pronouns are they/them/their