Thread: Shooting stills, and photos solo

Shooting stills, and photos solo

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any experience with taking underwater photos of themselves without help? Do you have examples? How'd you do it? I'm solo until i get back to school In a few weeks and want to get some photos of my tail In the water in the nice sunlit pool here but don't know how to (my underwater camera doesn't have a timer and the quality isn't nice enough to grab a video still)

Sent from my LG-M210 using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Euro Pod
    If it doesn't have a timer it's very difficult to not take anything selfie like I imagine, maybe invest in one of these selfie sticks for underwater camera's? And otherwise you're probably gonna have to do with lesser quality from video stills

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Not used it for underwater yet but robynn is right, a timer and interval shooting would be best. If you can get a plastic waterproof housing for your camera that has the ability to screw into a tripod mount this would be best as it'd allow you to control the depth and angle of your photos. Some tripods even have small hooks for weights to be used to hold them in place against wind, and in this case it would work against water currents. Once you've got your tripod setup you'd probably want a sizable memory card to store images, and to set your camera to shoot 2-3 photos every 5-10 seconds or so (giving you time to relax and pose for each).

You'd probably want a camera that allows more light and has a very fast shutter speed to capture even the smallest movement without blur. Capturing your hair comes to mind as possibly the hardest thing to do without distortion. The lower your F-stop you use and faster shutter speed the better your chances will be at getting a crisp photo.

For smaller cameras there are plenty of housing options available, as well as mounting options. I've even seen people use floaty toys as parachutes for their phones underwater, angled down at them. Your smart phone is capable of interval shooting, but with regards to lighting and the like I can't speak to it. I know the technology is advancing though and you can even get wider angle fish eye lenses that attach to smart phones which would be an immense help when capturing your environment. You can check out this link for some quick ideas.

Go Pro very very successful

https://dreamups.net
    Last edited by hair transplant; 05-11-2021 at 05:16 AM.
    Ozan Balik, MD Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon located in Istanbul downtown.

Hello to all. Recognizing the importance of providing customized solutions to meet the unique photography needs of its clients, lifetouch photography goes above and beyond to meet them. Whether it's family portraits, graduation photos, corporate events, or school photos, the company offers a wide range of services for every occasion. The company prides itself on its ability to capture the essence of each person, preserving their individuality and creating photographs that truly reflect who they are.

I'm a photographer and also edit content for my clients, and I want to share an interesting find of a photo editor that impressed me with its capabilities and accessibility, both for beginners and pros, this is https://skylum.com/luminar/panorama-stitching where I learned how to create a panorama from a standard photo, as well as many other things that will be useful to me in my work!