Thread: Hello to all Mermaids and Mermen!!

Hello to all Mermaids and Mermen!!

Hello, I would like to introduce myself now I am finally part of the community. my name is Stacie,
    I am a new mermaid and still have a lot to learn and hope to soon meet other merfolk out there. I am from Bristol in the uk so I am part of the Europod!

As a child growing up I always wanted a mermaid tail and would pretend to swim like a mermaid and usually get told off by my grandmother for trying to tie my legs together as it was dangerous of course! Haha.. i always used to have little pretty mermaid ornaments and things. I LOVED the film splash!..
    Who dosent love that bathtub scene where her legs turn into an amazing tail!

I spent years searching for a tail as I was never able to make one myself due to time and money and lack of sewing machine.. family didnt really have the time or materials.. (they even looked in disney land in florida whilst on holiday!)but found no results for swimmable tails and to be honest dont think they took me very seriousley... But eventually when I was older I came across silicone mermaid tails.. but of course they were way too expensive.. but I finally knew they existed!
    I started finding videos over the years of merpeople swimming in these tails.. which look fantastic... then I saw the cheeper fabric ones finally being sold online.. the downside is they were outside of the uk and for children only.

I always considdered making one but it never happened... I would watch aquamarine, mako mermaids and H2O and wished I could swim with a tail like theirs!

I then noticed adult tails started apearing for sale online... but was always too scared to buy from out of the uk and worried the size would be wrong and not fit.. then recently I was back on the internet and looking at mermaid tails when I came across a few uk sellers that were selling cheeper fabric swimmable tails and although i was not sure the largest adult size would fit me I decided to go for it as I could afford it this time and thought if it didnt fit atleast id have something to work with as it would just need adjusting.

It was worth the risk! It fit! Although not as eligant and beautiful as a silicone tail i was so pleased to finally recieve my tail and become a mermaid before i felt i was "too old" and you know what.. you are never too old to be a mermaid.. I have swam properly in my tail once but been in the water a few times... personally i prefer swimming with the tail than withought it.

It would be so amazing if i could find someone to swim with me one day though and i hope that pools start letting more merfolk swim as its difficult here to find anywhere that will allow you to swim with the tail.
    I would swim in it everyday if I had the chance.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Oh congrats on finding the right tail for yourself! It's very nice to meet you

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Hey welcome to the forum! I love your tail it's so colorful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    Hello!!! Your tail is so pretty and you seem super cool!!!!!!

Hi Welcome to Mernetwork I'm glad you got your tail. It's really cute I like the colors.

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Looks great on you and Welcome to the Waters!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the Mernetwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

awesome and welcome! Love your tail

Sent from my SM-G920T using MerNetwork mobile app

Thank you all for your lovely posts and warm welcome to the mer community

Sent from my SM-A300FU using MerNetwork mobile app