Thread: Gold Mythic Tops?

Gold Mythic Tops?

So it's about to be going on 5 months, and still no word on the two iridescent mythic tops we ordered in the first release. We got one gold, and one arctic blue one to match our spellbound tails. However, a friend of ours got her gold one in the mail like 2 weeks ago and...... Well this is what she got.
    Name:  gold.jpg
Views: 1729
Size:  136.2 KB

Needless to say, this doesn't look gold? Like at all. So you can see why we've been basically freaking out. After contacting finfolk they claim that this is infact the gold mythic top, and it's color shifting and what have you, but that doesn't change the fact that A. at nearly every angle it looks green, and B. this is an A cup top and it's HUGE. I think she's getting a refund or something? not too sure on that front, but I'm posting this because I'm wondering if anyone elses gold mythic tops have arrived? We have our fingers crossed that they don't all look like this and this was some sort of mistake. It doesn't look like it'd match the gold tail at all. Anybody else have a better experience?

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    She should try and take pictures in the sunlight. The artificial light colour indoors impacts the overall ability for the dichroic pigments to work effectively and could easily be making this look worse than it really is. I understand her disappointment and this does look to be quite green, however in that first pic there are quite stunning shades of yellow-gold visible near hot spot of the lighting.

While I don't know much about the sizing and wish her the best, I'd reserve my judgment on colour until you get a better comparison of her wearing her matching tail (if she has one) indoors with it or putting them side by side, or simply taking more shots in direct sunlight.

Edit: I'm only being adamant about lighting because I have dealt with the pigments before and recently worked with a gold/green dichroic and it most certainly looks overwhelmingly green indoors. That said if the ratio's are off due how they mixed the pigments the effect will skew to the dominant pigment in the paint.
    Last edited by Arking; 08-26-2017 at 12:36 PM.

She did not purchase a mythic tail just the top, the same as us. However all the photos we've seen of the tails don't look like this even in indoor lighting. the gold mythic tails are not green.

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    Follow Ayesha on Tumblr Visit Ayesha's Youtube Channel
    I think those are the darkest of the scales on that color palette, and the tops look like they are made using only one of the scale colors instead of a variety. My tail has a darker look on the floor of my office compared to my living room or outdoors, but it's a mixture of 3 or 4 scale colors so the whole tail does not appear greenish just some spots. I'm sure if she contacts the company that they can give her a refund or maybe even an exchange.

If you prefer a lighter color on the gold color palette you could always make your own top. I think a pack of 100 scales would be enough, and then you can use a top that fits really well. I'm not a fan of the style of top used for those, so i'm going to be making my own or saving for a silicone one in the future.

I'm also working on switching out the scales to give the overall look of my tail a more orange/gold effect than what it has now. Best of luck to you and your friends!
    Mai ke kai mai ke ola, e malama I ke kai.

All the gold scale tops I've seen so far are too green and there have been several complaints about it.

It's still pretty though. You could switch out some of the scales with gold scales.

Or you could send it back and ask for a full refund, I think this is possible.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

I wasn't going to get one, but their sale was too tempting. This is mine. I got their smallest size, since I'm a smaller C cup (and after seeing they run large). It fits far better than I thought it would, though I'd suggest those smaller/smaller busted than myself maybe make their own.

I wore it out to swim my last time and will be getting pictures soon. It looked better than I thought it would. Can confirm that this color is on the tails, just not the most obvious color on it. The top is called "antique gold" on their site. Name:  23376510_10155795949907645_859769132945285888_n.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  85.3 KB
    Even as it is written, "She had her dwelling in the great sea -- and was a fish therein."
    Xena: Warrior Princess
    Ep. 3.12 The Bittersuite

So I know this is an older discussion, but I just got a goddess gold top and they’ve redone them. They now use the actual gold scales instead of the greenish gold scales. I’m guessing they got a lot of complaints about the green.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

^Wow, it's looking good