Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do YOU like swimming?

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar

Where do YOU like swimming?

I'm sure most merfolk have a haunt where they swim often, or a place they wish they could swim in their tails! ---

I don't have a tail yet, but I love to swim and canoe at Timothy Lake. Timothy Lake is up in the Mt. Hood area of Oregon, and is usually really chilly! We take the canoes down there for some REAL fun.
    One of the cool things about it, is because the lake is man-made, there are lots of submerged stumps that are great for playing (or posing if you took a photo shoot.) around on. There are lots of fish and other wildlife, and the surrounding forest is lovely.
    The best spot is a small inlet that is super crystal-clear. It's maybe 10-12 feet deep, and you can see to the bottom where massive boulders sit around. You can even see foot long fish swimming there if you park your canoe. It just has a beautiful magic feeling to it.

Where do you like to swim? Where do you swim from time-to-time? If you could swim anywhere for a day, where would it be?

Senior Member RiverDragonKaringan's Avatar
    Add RiverDragonKaringan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I'm sure most merfolk have a haunt where they swim often, or a place they wish they could swim in their tails! ---

I don't have a tail yet, but I love to swim and canoe at Timothy Lake. Timothy Lake is up in the Mt. Hood area of Oregon, and is usually really chilly! We take the canoes down there for some REAL fun.
    One of the cool things about it, is because the lake is man-made, there are lots of submerged stumps that are great for playing (or posing if you took a photo shoot.) around on. There are lots of fish and other wildlife, and the surrounding forest is lovely.
    The best spot is a small inlet that is super crystal-clear. It's maybe 10-12 feet deep, and you can see to the bottom where massive boulders sit around. You can even see foot long fish swimming there if you park your canoe. It just has a beautiful magic feeling to it.

Where do you like to swim? Where do you swim from time-to-time? If you could swim anywhere for a day, where would it be?
    I've swam in Timothy Lake before! I'm just west of Portland and I love our lakes and rivers! My favorite spot is on the north Yamhill River in Oregon. There's a spot my family would go to every year when I was growing up. One year it was changed by a beaver dam and the spot just upriver was perfect for swimming in a tail. I've taken my monofin there when we re-found it last month!

PDX River Dragon! They/Them pronouns, please!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverDragonKaringan View Post
    I've swam in Timothy Lake before! I'm just west of Portland and I love our lakes and rivers! My favorite spot is on the north Yamhill River in Oregon. There's a spot my family would go to every year when I was growing up. One year it was changed by a beaver dam and the spot just upriver was perfect for swimming in a tail. I've taken my monofin there when we re-found it last month!

That is so cool! Sounds like a great place! Maybe we should visit someday, NB mer to NB mer.

Senior Member RiverDragonKaringan's Avatar
    Add RiverDragonKaringan on Facebook
    That is so cool! Sounds like a great place! Maybe we should visit someday, NB mer to NB mer.
    Oh heck yeah! That'd be great!

I swim in the caribbean. Best is the Dominican Republic, on the south coast. Best water there is.

My dream place to swim would definitely be either Y-60 or any place in the ocean not too deep not to shallow.
    The world sees us as Merfolk
    We see ourselves as a Pod, as a family
    We live to swim

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos Savar View Post
    I swim in the caribbean. Best is the Dominican Republic, on the south coast. Best water there is.

My dream place to swim would definitely be either Y-60 or any place in the ocean not too deep not to shallow.
    :o that's very cool. The Caribbean has always been a SWIM HERE location for me.
    I really like swimming with fish, and enjoyed snorkeling in various spots on Oahu.

* Bodensee (usually Bregenz): https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=...73532&layers=N

* our local public pool

Senior Member Euro Pod Astridia's Avatar
    Local pool (tho no fins there) and the sea.. which can be chilly and pretty surfy since its the UK

I live on a boat, so my usual swimming hole is. . . .just outside my door. xD It's pretty nice. Deep, private (except for my neighbors), pretty warm in the summer. Just have to keep an eye out for any incoming or outgoing boats.

I really want to go swimming at one of the clear, mountain lakes around here. I also have several waterfalls on my "to-swim" list. If only I had more summertime to do it all. . .

Triton Mahtlinnie of Puget Sound
    Facebook / Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by exdraghunt View Post
    I also have several waterfalls on my "to-swim" list. If only I had more summertime to do it all. . .
    I get that feeling. And I saw your humble abode in the Seattle Mermaids video on YouTube. c: I really like it!

Quote Originally Posted by exdraghunt View Post

I really want to go swimming at one of the clear, mountain lakes around here. I also have several waterfalls on my "to-swim" list. If only I had more summertime to do it all. . .

Lake crescent is a must! beautiful clear water and some cool stuff. Lake cushman also has some awesome features

My favorite dives from around the world:

YO-257 & San Pedro ( waikiki) 2 wrecks around 85-100 ft ( 20-30meters) Also has a submarine that tours the wreck.

Name:  _MG_9409-L.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  38.5 KB

Sharks cove (NS Oahu) Despite it's name there are no shark!? But there are lots of fish! it's shallow and a protected area.

Edmonds Underwater park ( Seattle Wa) . Cold water but tons of life! it's an 8 acres of underwater trails, all under 35ft. The lingcod are around 4 ft long.

Name:  _MG_0830-XL.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  110.5 KBName:  _MG_1040-XL.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  77.2 KB

Roatan Honduras: WOW i've never seen coral reef so healthy! The water was super warm, crystal clear, and tons of fish life!

Some other dives worth mentioning: CG pier, monterey california; the sea kelp is like flying through a forest. Palmino island, Lima Peru, 8,000 sea lions to swim with! all super friendly. OneOcean tours on Oahu, swim with sharks, their grace and beauty is awe inspiring. Manta dive in Kona, these 14 foot mantas swim like angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Broussard View Post

OneOcean tours on Oahu
    I've swam in a couple places on O'ahu. Hanauma bay was great! It was the first time I had swam in an ocean with coral (I was 10, but a strong swimmer.), and I was a little nervous at first, but then I got used to it and had so much fun! I was surrounded by a shoal of fish at one point, and it was magic. <3

I've swam in a couple places on O'ahu. Hanauma bay was great! It was the first time I had swam in an ocean with coral (I was 10, but a strong swimmer.), and I was a little nervous at first, but then I got used to it and had so much fun! I was surrounded by a shoal of fish at one point, and it was magic. <3
    When I first got to the island, my 2nd stop was at Hanauma bay, It was my first time diving in warm water, It was a really amazing experience and with the lifeguards it makes for a safe first place to swim. For me the crowds and hassle parking kinda bother me. Believe me when I tell you, there are some amazing places to dive around the island that blow Hanauma bay out of the water! The video I posted was on the North Shore of Oahu! It not only has tons of fish, but also some really cool caves to swim through and explore. Still has a lot of people, but feels far less crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Broussard View Post
    When I first got to the island, my 2nd stop was at Hanauma bay, It was my first time diving in warm water, It was a really amazing experience and with the lifeguards it makes for a safe first place to swim. For me the crowds and hassle parking kinda bother me. Believe me when I tell you, there are some amazing places to dive around the island that blow Hanauma bay out of the water! The video I posted was on the North Shore of Oahu! It not only has tons of fish, but also some really cool caves to swim through and explore. Still has a lot of people, but feels far less crowded.
    The video was awesome. If I go again, I hope to swim in new locations.
    Also, I don't think 10 year old me noticed the parking problems much. xD

My ideal swimming place would be in fresh water, clear/semi-clear, and DEEP. I need a lot of room to swim and don't like the confines of a pool less than 15-20 ft deep. I'd love to visit Dean's Blue Hole one day, or have a chance to take a dip in Nemo 33!

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAiera View Post
    My ideal swimming place would be in fresh water, clear/semi-clear, and DEEP. I need a lot of room to swim and don't like the confines of a pool less than 15-20 ft deep. I'd love to visit Dean's Blue Hole one day, or have a chance to take a dip in Nemo 33!
    I don't know about anything too deep myself. I can hold my breath for about a minute and thirty seconds, stretching it. I float too. Practice and weights make perfect though! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAiera View Post
    I'd love to visit Dean's Blue Hole one day

I need to work on my freediving skills, but I don't know where to start, hahaha. My record breath hold was 2:30 resting, but that was a while ago, and I haven't trained since. Under the water, I can swim around comfortably/pose for a solid 0:45-1:00. I can do 2 laps in a pool underwater with the help of fins, so I'd like to expand where I swim to accommodate training for deeper waters.

Weights are a godsend though. I'm getting a silicone tail and am looking into ways to balance out my buoyancy in a discreet yet effective way.

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Senior Member Euro Pod Astridia's Avatar
    Omg remora! that video is adorable.