Thread: Steampunk mers?

Steampunk mers?

Ok, so I've been trying to come up with a good way to modify my goggles and/or diving mask for mer stuff. Unfortunately I simply cannot swim without them. I remembered a thread previously about someone attaching a metal masquerade mask to her goggles and it looked really good. I came across this at a party City:

And I started thinking about how cool it would be to have something like a steampunk mersona. It would be really cool to combine an explorer with things found on the bottom of the ocean with some steampunk cogs and whatnot.

I also found these

Which would super easily just slip over any pair of goggles.

So I was curious if anyone had a steampunk mersona!

Sent from my R1 HD using MerNetwork mobile app
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    I don't have one yet but I'm working on one for a steampunk festival next year! I'd love to see what anyone else has done in the steampunk mermaid vain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I'd love to see a steampunk mer! That'd be awesome

Hello Friends!!!

Ooh I love the goggle idea!! I do a dry Steampunk Mersona for visiting Ren Fairs nearby. I've just barely started on my wet costume. I will see if I can't find some goggle tutorials for you with ideas of how to water proof them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

http://pinterest.com/pin/31321134906...ce_app=android

This is what I was looking for. Idk if you could still do something like this?

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Rocky Mountain Pod
    Pod of The South
    Add H-SAMA on Facebook
    Visit H-SAMA's Youtube Channel
    I actually really liked the idea

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SteampunkMermaid01 View Post
    http://pinterest.com/pin/31321134906...ce_app=android

This is what I was looking for. Idk if you could still do something like this?

Wait is your username steampunk mermaid xD lol
    I love that idea, they look awesome!

My goal is to be able to kill two birds with one stone here. If I can have an awesome steampunk mersona, I can hit up mermaid gigs and steampunk conventions with one costume! I think it would be cool to have a silicone top that looked like an overbust corset and went down the like the tail pine or something. Could look really neat with the boning sculpted in. I don't think it would be too restricting (swimming in a real corset is probably a bad idea...)

Sent from my R1 HD using MerNetwork mobile app
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Senior Member Euro Pod Astridia's Avatar
    AAH! This! I have prescription goggles (cause I am blind as an Olm without them XD) So being able to put something over them to look pretty was something I was wondering about too! I have a big ol' pair of aviator style steampunk goggles that are plastic based so would do in water, I've also messed with the idea of clockwork tails(aesthetically only....obvs XD) (my brain farts out ideas at me faster than it should, i don't get chance to act on them all)

We had a MASSIVE weekend long steampunk festival in Lincoln the other weekend but I was at work.... least I got to see all the outfits as they went by XD