Thread: Any virgina mers?

Any virgina mers?

My new husband and i are moving to norfolk Virginia and iv lived all my life in nice warm florida iv seen snow once in my life and i dont want to not have anyone to swim with as i am leaving all my mer friends behind will be going in april and not sure if there is a way to prepare myself also wondering how easy or hard it is to find places to swim
    Thanks in advance

Sent from my LGLS676 using MerNetwork mobile app

I'm in Northern Virginia! You might be able to look through older threads in our pod to see who's nearby, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

(Moved this thread to the Chesapeake Pod sub forum.)

I'm in Newport News, which about 30 minutes away from Norfolk. There are two other mers in Norfolk that I know of (recently met them at a meetup)- Mermaid Nami and Helena the Mermaid.

As for swimming spots, there many public beaches within an hour's drive, and my favorite one is in Norfolk actually. You can take a look at an overview I did of some Hampton Roads beaches and how good the are for mermaiding here (link). Because like you, I had no idea about local beaches so I thought I'd just describe them for other mers looking for good places to swim

As for pools.. I have no idea. My local YMCA allows monofins in the lap lanes, but I haven't asked about mermaid tails yet. Think that may just be trial and error. Hope that if you find any mermaid friendly pools (or if anyone else does) you'll post about it

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    It would be so lovely if I didn't live so far southwest! It seems all the Virginia Mer's live around the coast and I am over her about an hour north of Tennesee away from everybody! But if I every take another vacation north to DC or Virginia Beach, I'd love to meet some of y'all!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South
    I will be moving this summer, most likely to Virginia.

Visit Mermaid Lanier's Youtube Channel
    I'm from Hampton, VA! I took a long break from most social media stuff this summer since I was moving all the way from Nevada and was starting college, but things are settling down more now! Too late it's so chilly. I'm going to try a nearby indoor pool and ask if they allow monofins.

I live near Richmond over the summer. I'm about a 2-hour drive from Norfolk but I normally drive down there for meetups and swim meets!
    Mermaid Sagittaria
    Savannah, GA | Richmond, VA
    Competitive Swimmer since 2005 | Aspiring Animator
    9 Time National Champion Swimmer | 11 Time All-American Swimmer
    Art Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abigail_richey/
    Mermaid Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tybee_mermaid/

Quote Originally Posted by TybeeMermaid View Post
    I live near Richmond over the summer. I'm about a 2-hour drive from Norfolk but I normally drive down there for meetups and swim meets!
    Id love to meet you

Sent from my LGLS676 using MerNetwork mobile app