Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: First Tail

Huu huu huu~ Hip fins are molded!!! On to the dorsal and ankle fins. Which I may sculpt differently. I'm not sure yet. It'd probably be easier to sculpt it as one piece and do a two part mold instead of this. I'll have to experiment.

The left fin half is cleaned and sealed and ready to mold. The right one I just pulled and still has a bit of chavant inside it. Name:  IMG_20180425_214755.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  93.9 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by freyamaat View Post
    Huu huu huu~ Hip fins are molded!!! On to the dorsal and ankle fins. Which I may sculpt differently. I'm not sure yet. It'd probably be easier to sculpt it as one piece and do a two part mold instead of this. I'll have to experiment.

The left fin half is cleaned and sealed and ready to mold. The right one I just pulled and still has a bit of chavant inside it. Name:  IMG_20180425_214755.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  93.9 KB

Love it!

Mermaid Mikayla

Guys I feel like I'm legitimately finally making progress on this. I know I've been making progress before now but I'm finally getting to the point where I have pieces! It feels amazing.

Started sculpting the dorsal, I have more e6000 for the scale sheet, I did my first pull of the calf find and a whisker which turned out beautifully. My sprayer came in and now I'm just waiting on more silicone and a new needle/nozzle. I bent the needle of my airbrush in class so now I'll need a replacement of the .35 but I'm excited for the larger one to be coming in.

It's telling me upload failed so if you guys can see the attached photos let me know.

Okay, well it keeps telling me I don't have permission to add photos??? But my dorsal is mostly sculpted and has spikes! I need to grab some shim so it'll be prepped for fiberglass molding on Monday and my whisker mold is setting up with it's first layer if brushed in silicone. I may try to get it filled in the morning before class.

Quote Originally Posted by freyamaat View Post
    Okay, well it keeps telling me I don't have permission to add photos??? But my dorsal is mostly sculpted and has spikes! I need to grab some shim so it'll be prepped for fiberglass molding on Monday and my whisker mold is setting up with it's first layer if brushed in silicone. I may try to get it filled in the morning before class.

Maybe the file size is too big? That happens sometimes. Maybe try resizing them smaller and see if that works. Can't wait to see

Gods it's been a hot second. But surprise! Not dead. Let's try that picture thing again shall we?

Aaaand nope. Jeez, I have no idea what's going on. I may try this when I'm not on mobile. But! I got the first half of the dorsal molded, have two whiskers now, "glued" the halves of my calf find together so now they're ready for paint, bought a new punch for scales and am all around ready to get back to work! Need to grab some silicone caulking when I'm not broke again.

For anyone interested in photo progress the images may be found on my Instagram while I try to get this figured out: https://www.instagram.com/thenakednymph/

Super cool, it looks great! Good luck on the rest, and I hope the pictures start to work here. Can't wait to see the finished tail!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Phoenix Savannah View Post
    Super cool, it looks great! Good luck on the rest, and I hope the pictures start to work here. Can't wait to see the finished tail!
    Thanks! Yeah me too. Silly thing.

Junior Member Euro Pod Aodhamair's Avatar
    I love seeing these sketches and your top is amazing!

Thank you! My sister came out and we slammed the entire tail together in a day for graduation. Photos can be found on hag_effects at Pinterest. I'm still having trouble with photos here. I'll try re-sizing them later. I can't wait to get home and finish the paint and reinforce my seams now that I know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodhamair View Post
    I love seeing these sketches and your top is amazing!
    Thank you! My sister came out and we slammed the entire tail together in a day for graduation. Photos can be found on hag_effects at Pinterest. I'm still having trouble with photos here. I'll try re-sizing them later. I can't wait to get home and finish the paint and reinforce my seams now that I know how.