Junior Member Pod of New England MermaidNim's Avatar
    Add MermaidNim on Facebook
    Visit MermaidNim's Youtube Channel
    Your pod is so cool!

Sent from my SM-N920V using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Mari View Post
    Zelda’s new tail is so shiny!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know right! She ordered extra glitter for the fluke!
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingJohari View Post
    Was in a car accidemt in august. just getting back into a normal routine with exercise. Take good care of yourself, Faith! Hope you feel much better soon.

Sent from my SM-G920T using MerNetwork mobile app
    Thanks, I'm feeling pretty good now! The bad news is that the car got written off but the good news is that they paid us 1800 more than the price we bought it for!
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidNim View Post
    Your pod is so cool!

Sent from my SM-N920V using MerNetwork mobile app
    Thanks! I think they're pretty cool myself

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Yeah, I hear ya there. Luckily mmm y car was able to be fixed, but my husnand's car that was damaged in another accident (ugh....high accident area) in 2015 is still having problems. better to be written off than have electrical problems. hope you can get a new car soon.

Sent from my SM-G920T using MerNetwork mobile app

Hello everyone! Time for another recap of happy swimming times!

Monday October 16th

I had some time after my lessons to do a swim, and I decided to do a livestream! I've pretty much given up on trying to livestream underwater after quite some wresting with Instagram. I think it has something to do with the touch screen being interfered with the water through my phone bag. Pity. Anyways, the above water one is up on YouTube if anyone wants to see skip to 2:45 to see my thoughts on the wave in the tail.

But aside from my trials and errors with that, I had a pretty good swim, tried some new filming angles and playing around with the 10lb brick. I tried wearing my new Finis Wave monofin inside my Mermaid Kat Shop Tail, which worked better than the Luna tbh. The monofin is rigid but flexible, and I'm able to get a good kick with it as well as still do my regular tricks. It looks only slightly silly inside the tail, with a bit of drag at the ends with the fluke tips because, obviously, the wave isn't the same shape as the tail. There seemed to be some, but not as much billowing drag in between my legs, as the Wave has less separate foot pockets than the hydra or the luna. I think that this is something that I would try again, especially as I use my Hydra more inside my neoprene tail now.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 10.26.43 PM.png
Views: 143
Size:  530.0 KBName:  Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 10.26.37 PM.png
Views: 135
Size:  624.6 KB
    Thursday October 19th

After a rainy afternoon finishing my report cards I grabbed the monofin and mermaid tail that I had at the pool: the Luna and my VirtuoSew Ariel tail. (which by the way, i just put up a video of - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWGmB54LfFs)
    I unfortunately lacked a swim top and so wore my teaching suit underneath and yeah... nevermind.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 11.30.30 PM.png
Views: 105
Size:  535.7 KB
    After a few laps in the tail, I decided to ditch it and just train with the monofin. BUT I was able to determine that I'm not a huge fan of the monofin in that tail. Its too swoopy and not as wide as the fluke area, leaving a ton of fabric to billow out.
    So while I trained, I decided to try some flip turns which the swim team found hilarious. Might be something that I'll have to get better at haha. With just the Luna, I took a few photos while practicing my hand stands and breath holds.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 11.28.13 PM.png
Views: 129
Size:  308.3 KB Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 12.29.13 PM.png
Views: 126
Size:  272.1 KB Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 12.29.04 PM.png
Views: 127
Size:  253.7 KB
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook