Thread: Mermen & Jewelry

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel

Mermen & Jewelry

So I've been thinking about what kind of jewelry is appropriate for a Merman and I know there's lots of gay mermen and that's not what I'm asking for I'm looking for the opinion of straight or masculine Mermen and their view on implementing any kind of jewelry or accessories to their mersona I'm myself aren't fully straight I'm bisexual but I'm a masculine man and Merman so I don't wear accessories but I would like to hear other mermen opinions of this matter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

The type of bracelets this guy is wearing, decorated with shells, fishnet etc.

I also think mermen in mer-decorated ARMOR are the sexiest ever.

You could also wear a manly crown.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinus Mortimer View Post
    So I've been thinking about what kind of jewelry is appropriate for a Merman and I know there's lots of gay mermen and that's not what I'm asking for I'm looking for the opinion of straight or masculine Mermen and their view on implementing any kind of jewelry or accessories to their mersona I'm myself aren't fully straight I'm bisexual but I'm a masculine man and Merman so I don't wear accessories but I would like to hear other mermen opinions of this matter!

To start what would be considered emasculating for you? I mean you point out twice that you're not looking for "gay" things but I'm kind of lost as to what that refers too here. My point, if I may be so blunt, is that I know plenty of people in the queer spectrum "full gay" and otherwise that adhere to a plethora of styles and appearances. I know self-proclaimed feminine queens who not only make but wear a full spartan kit and armor and look like they could take on a tank, and I know straight body builders who dress in sequins and tassels for a laugh. Anyway seeing as you've made a point of specifying you're only looking to "straight or masculine mermen's opinions" I'll leave it at that and hope you reconsider your opinions.
    Last edited by Arking; 09-08-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I was sent a mini conch shell and I was looking it wondering if I can have it dangling off a necklace. I think pretty much any mer unisex accessory falls within that spectrum.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    a wooden pendant (like a hook, anchor, shark, etc.) on a leather cord that rests just below your collarbone would look good!

SHARK TEETH! That's about as masculine as I can think of

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

In my opinion, any traditionally "masculine" just oozes confidence and power. So, any accessory that makes you feel confident or makes you look like you have power/responsibility over something. Think CEOs or royal men.

I would look at the ancient Hawaiians or Maori for masculine sea inspired jewelry

I'll be comfortable wearing a shark tooth necklace and/or shell bracelet. I'm not sure if other mermen subscribe to protectors of merfolk or not (voluntary or required, depending on ones views) but in that case, armored shoulder/chest pieces and arm cuffs would be appropriate

Merman Caspian

Pod of New England
    Thanks for all the awesome comments I'll be purchasing Megalodon teeth réplicas and great white teeth as well for a crown and spear

Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinus Mortimer View Post
    Thanks for all the awesome comments I'll be purchasing Megalodon teeth réplicas and great white teeth as well for a crown and spear

Megalodon teeth are huge! You could easily pass one as a spear tip.

Replicas are the way to go.
    I actually have a real megalodon tooth that covers my entire hand. Cost me around... three hundred and fifty dollars. I collect shark teeth, so I had to have one!

Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    Megalodon teeth are huge! You could easily pass one as a spear tip.

Replicas are the way to go.
    I actually have a real megalodon tooth that covers my entire hand. Cost me around... three hundred and fifty dollars. I collect shark teeth, so I had to have one!
    That's dope, and yeah the one I'm getting is seven inches and huge I'll be buying two one for the spear tip and one to be the center piece for a crown I want I'll probably make a necklace from the teeth as well but not just shark teeth I want k9 looking fangs as well. The look I'm going for is canibal islander or boho African. That should look manly enough if not I'll sell them and give up on jewelry altogether.

Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    My wide cuff bracelets are copper. I like their look, and at almost half a pound each, are also ballast, making me closer to neutral buoyancy, Not shown, I have some stainless steel upper arm rings that together add another 3 pounds. The necklace is because I am also a Frozen fan. its one reason for my Mer name (Let the storm rage on).
    Name:  DSC_0689.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  85.2 KB
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Euro Pod Astridia's Avatar
    My immediate thought when reading the title was: Pirates love jewellery, they aren't any less masculine when covered in SHINY BLING. The you have those rappers and such who wear SHINY ASS BLING. So if you wanted to go with gold, jewels, general jewellery, I reckon you could pull it off. I feel that attitude can change a persons perception, no matter what you are wearing.

Don't think about if it's masculine/feminine or whatever, if it's cool to you, then wear it ^_^.

In the words of Tamatoa: Just wanna be SHINY!