Thread: Best Airbrush & Compressor For Silicone?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel

Best Airbrush & Compressor For Silicone?

Hey guys I'm nearing the stage where I'll bee needing an airbrush slash air compressor so there are some at my local crafts store but they are expensive and I don't want to buy them and have them not be strong enough, so from what I know a gravity fed airbrush works best large nozzles and a solvent also pigment I have most of those handy except for the airbrush you guys that have made tails (Silicone) what airbrush did y'all use ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

I had to replace my small Iwatta air compressor with this compressor because I needed a higher PSI. The big tank really helps with regulating airflow and guaranteeing its highest PSI flow. However, I use a small detail bottom fed air brush and not a powerful gravity fed brush because I like taking my time with the paint and working in lots of subtle colors. The viscosity of the silicone paint does require a high PSI tank so a "Master's" brand gravity fed air GUN (looks and works similar to a hot glue gun) I got did NOT work with this new tank due to the high required PSI for that specific air gun.
    I don't know how helpful this is but its what works for me

Oh and here is the air brush I use. Its a Badger brand.

https://i2.wp.com/www.airbrush-kit.n...?fit=500%2C133

compressor:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001738DXU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    That was very helpful thanks hun!

Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Will def be keeping this info in mind for when I need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User previously known as "MermaidBonny".

Quote Originally Posted by Marinus Mortimer View Post
    That was very helpful thanks hun!

Totally! I don't know if this is necessarily the best method or setup because my air brush does get clogged sometimes and I have to keep it dismantled in a jar of paint thinner when its not in use. I don't know if this is what people commonly use or not but I still like using the small brush despite the semi-regular holdups!

If you live anywhere near a harbor freight, I have their detail spray gun and their small compressor, and it works great if you'd like to spray more than an airbrush, but less than a huge spray gun. I haven't tried it with silicone yet, but I'd assume it would work great as long as you thinned it properly and made sure to clean it afterwards!