Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oregon/ North Pacific Swim

Oregon/ North Pacific Swim

Hello everyone! I live in Eugene Oregon and wouldn't mind driving to swim with some other mers. If anyone would like to meetup say the word! Also please let me know if anyone is already planning to get together in the area
    Sabina Mermaid <3

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I may be getting a tail soon, so I may be able to come. Any swim places in mind?

That's awesome! The only place I've swam in my tail so far is Dexter lake, it's beautiful and a good temperature so would definitely go again. I'm interested in finding other lakes, reservoirs, swimming holes, and even trying pools
    Sabina Mermaid <3

Quote Originally Posted by sabinamermaid View Post
    That's awesome! The only place I've swam in my tail so far is Dexter lake, it's beautiful and a good temperature so would definitely go again. I'm interested in finding other lakes, reservoirs, swimming holes, and even trying pools
    What about Timothy lake? Well maybe not... It's a great place, but it's better enjoyed camping, not with just tails. No clean water facilities either without a trailer/motor home.

Timothy lake looks really cool! Having running water isn't such a big deal for me since you can always shower/ clean the tail at home
    Sabina Mermaid <3

Oh! Forgot something. Timothy Lake closes for use on October 1st. People would want to bring some tarps to lay down so your tails are not pierced by sticks on the ground, and for cover while changing.
    I'm not sure what its like to go for a day, because I've only gone in the motor home with our canoes and such.

All that said, I would actually suggest somewhere else, or timing would be a big issue.

It may be that going to a pool is the best option. A lot of the natural lakes need a long hike to get to, or are closed till next year.

Maybe we could go a pool this year, and plan for Timothy lake next?

Yeah I agree that pools would be best in the cooler months. It'll definitely be cool to find new natural water bodies next summer though
    Sabina Mermaid <3

Quote Originally Posted by sabinamermaid View Post
    Yeah I agree that pools would be best in the cooler months. It'll definitely be cool to find new natural water bodies next summer though
    Timothy lake really is great. I know a super magical place that is photo shoot worthy there. <3

Maybe you can scout for pools?

Ooo I'm down for the magical photo shoots! And yes, I'll definitely keep a lookout on the pools
    Sabina Mermaid <3

I'm down to come to a meetup! If you're looking for pools, the Tualatin hills parks and recreation district allows and encourages mermaid tails at their pools. If you investigate other pools, be sure to contact them and make sure they're mermaid friendly cause you never know ' u '

Quote Originally Posted by Auricle View Post
    I'm down to come to a meetup! If you're looking for pools, the Tualatin hills parks and recreation district allows and encourages mermaid tails at their pools. If you investigate other pools, be sure to contact them and make sure they're mermaid friendly cause you never know ' u '
    I've been before! 12ft deep on one end, some lanes, and some open swimming area in one massive pool from what I remember. They had this HUGE blow-up iceburg(??) that was a challenge to climb up and jump from. ;-;
    Last edited by Mermaid Kane; 09-15-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Even if I don't have a tail by then, I'm really determined to come anyways. I'd love to meet mermaids in person.
    If I do have a tail, I will be still learning the ropes, haha. Luckily I've dolphin kicked since I was four, or I'd have more trouble figuring it out. (More to tail swimming then that though, I just have a small headstart)

Ooo, which THPRD pool was it? That sounds bigger than the one I live by (conestoga rec center). Also, depending on what size you wear, I have an extra tail that you could borrow in case you don't get a tail by whenever we plan to get together.

Ooo, which THPRD pool was it? That sounds bigger than the one I live by (conestoga rec center). Also, depending on what size you wear, I have an extra tail that you could borrow in case you don't get a tail by whenever we plan to get together.
    Oh, shoot. I'm not sure actually? I was kind of little, so my memories may be askew.
    That's so sweet of you to offer! I'm pretty tall though. 5'9, 40 inches to my ankles. Kinda thick too, oops. Equestrian muscle legs.

Forgot to mention. Are you all okay with having a minor over? I am fourteen. Its okay if I can't come.
    Someone already mistook me for an adult, so I just wanted you guys to know.

I think it's fine if you're a minor as long as the pool rules say it's okay either for you to be responsible for yourself or if you have someone come with you for proper supervision. As long as you also don't mind hanging out with adults I guess lol. The extra tail fits waist 31" to 34" and length 36" to 40" ( it's a medium size mertailor eco tail)

I think it's fine if you're a minor as long as the pool rules say it's okay either for you to be responsible for yourself or if you have someone come with you for proper supervision. As long as you also don't mind hanging out with adults I guess lol. The extra tail fits waist 31" to 34" and length 36" to 40" ( it's one of the mertailor eco tails)
    I don't mind hanging out with adults at all! I do it a lot actually. There's more to learn when I listen to adults then when I'm around a bunch of teens who could care less. I'm weird that way.

That tail would probably fit! I really appreciate the gesture, even if I end up with my own tail/it not fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I don't mind hanging out with adults at all! I do it a lot actually. There's more to learn when I listen to adults then when I'm around a bunch of teens who could care less. I'm weird that way.

That tail would probably fit! I really appreciate the gesture, even if I end up with my own tail/it not fitting.
    No worries! I was totally the same way when I was younger (I was homeschooled so it was also more common to have adults to talk to). I just want to help people live their mermaid dreams so I'm happy to offer!

It looks like the THPRD pool with the largest capacity is closed for repairs until Dec. 10, but the second largest one ( Beaverton swim center) has open swim on Saturdays from 2:45 - 4:00, and Sundays from 4:00 - 6:00. There are plenty of other facilities too of course.

No worries! I was totally the same way when I was younger (I was homeschooled so it was also more common to have adults to talk to). I just want to help people live their mermaid dreams so I'm happy to offer!

It looks like the THPRD pool with the largest capacity is closed for repairs until Dec. 10, but the second largest one ( Beaverton swim center) has open swim on Saturdays from 2:45 - 4:00, and Sundays from 4:00 - 6:00. There are plenty of other facilities too of course.
    Nice! I'm homeschooled too.

Sunday might be better. Two hours is pretty short though.