Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oregon/ North Pacific Swim

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Ahh! I can't wait to go! November will probably come very fast, though. Time flies.

Everyone still on for the 4th?

Times?

I'm still on for the 4th! The open swim time starts at 1 so thats when I'll try to be there ' u '

Yes I'm excited! 1 sounds perfect, I'll let mermaid Jessamy know about the time my fb is Sabina R. Hagen-Botbol, you guys should add me!
    Sabina Mermaid <3

Quote Originally Posted by sabinamermaid View Post
    Yes I'm excited! 1 sounds perfect, I'll let mermaid Jessamy know about the time my fb is Sabina R. Hagen-Botbol, you guys should add me!
    I don't have a Facebook. I hadn't really had interest in it before. 'n'

It's a good way of communicating but we can just message each other phone numbers instead, it would be good to make sure we can all find each other, I'll just send mine to you guys now!
    Sabina Mermaid <3

HELLO Sabina im Cyan and i live in the hillsboro area. we should totally swim together sometime

are you THEE kane? friends of Auricle????????

Yup the Kane in this thread is the one I was talking about

Hello Cyan! That would be awesome! Mermaids Kane Auricle and I have all been meeting to swim in Beaverton and you should definitely come sometime!
    Sabina Mermaid <3

Hello Cyan! That would be awesome! Mermaids Kane Auricle and I have all been meeting to swim in Beaverton and you should definitely come sometime!
    OMG that would be AMAZING, but the question is where should we swim at and when. ooh is it ok if i invite my mer-mentor SIF??????????????????????

Yeah that would be super cool! We swam at the conestoga recreation center a couple times, we went just last week so maybe a few weeks from now would be good? I'll check in with the other mers and let you know when they want to swim again!
    Sabina Mermaid <3

Ummmm.... I'm not sure about this quite yet. I don't have an issue with guys, but my parents do... I'll run this through them, but my dad may not let me go to a meet with a boy involved....

Okay, I hope your parents think it's a good idea! Sounds awesome to me! I hope you can come Mermaid Kane but if not I'm definitely still down to swim with you Merman Cyan and your friend!
    Sabina Mermaid <3

Okay, I hope your parents think it's a good idea! Sounds awesome to me! I hope you can come Mermaid Kane but if not I'm definitely still down to swim with you Merman Cyan and your friend!
    I hope they are fine with it. It would be a shame to have to sit at home knowing you guys were having fun just because a teen guy was there. -_-

Cyan, would you be okay if I gave your phone number to my Dad so he can ask questions and give you ''the talk''? I know it sounds extreme (and from what I saw of your Instgram, you are gay, right? So you wouldn't even ''bug'' me.) but ya know.... parents. xD

That sounds really unnecessary since we are only planning to meet and swim in a public pool and if you come won't your mom be there? It would actually be really inappropriate to have your dad message Cyan like that. Cyan is a just kid like you who wants to swim so having an adult man he doesn't know quiz him with his personal number is very uncalled for
    Sabina Mermaid <3

That sounds really unnecessary since we are only planning to meet and swim in a public pool and if you come won't your mom be there? It would actually be really inappropriate to have your dad message Cyan like that. Cyan is a just kid like you who wants to swim so having an adult man he doesn't know quiz him with his personal number is very uncalled for
    You haven't met my Father. But yeah, I agree that its over the top.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    We could always start the summer off in a fountain or two.
    The best lake around is BattleGround. It's small enough to swim across and back as many times as you want, big enough to avoid people. No motorized anything is allowed on the water, and the fisherman are almost never around because it's a little spot. There's a campground, both cabin and tent, a rec area to eat or have a party. Best of all the lake is relatively warm, particularly near the surface.
    Other great spots: We could claim the large group tub at Bagby Hot Springs(if someone shows up at the crack of dawn), The Umpqua Hot springs are BEAUTIFUL and they're natural so the water looks all blue-y, as is most of the water near SweetHome, bt that's cold. Crater lake is PERFECT in August and it functions a little like the tropics in that you never know where the bottom is, even though you can see it.
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!

I may or may not have any free time this summer, unfortunately. I have about 17 days at home TOTAL, between May 10th and August 1st, and I'm busy before then too. If you guys plan to go somewhere, I may or may not be able to come. :c

All those places sound amazing! I'll check out the drive times, I'll definitely be down for summer swims!
    Sabina Mermaid <3