Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making a tail and top set for a plus size mer?

Making a tail and top set for a plus size mer?

Okay, so I am a fat mer. :I I'm in a pants size 20w and bra size 44DD. Anyone have any suggestions for a... sizeable... mer like myself? Not a lot of professionals make tails for my size that aren't a huge amount of fees for custom sizing, at least that I've seen.

Man, I am one Snarky Sharky.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    :I I feel you. I have a 44 inch butt, a 37 inch waist, and a 42 inch waist to ankle measurement. When I browse the BUY, SELL, OR TRADE group on FB, it makes me feel fat.... LOL. Luckily for me, it's muscle for the most part (although I have a smallish pouch... working on that.), and there's a 7 inch difference. Unluckily, it's really FREAKING BIG.

I actually have atrophied abdominal muscles because of a botched surgery a few years ago- so I wish mine was muscle xD It'd be really nice not to feel just so.... big, ya kno?

Quote Originally Posted by SnarkySharky View Post
    I actually have atrophied abdominal muscles because of a botched surgery a few years ago- so I wish mine was muscle xD It'd be really nice not to feel just so.... big, ya kno?
    I feel more like a whale then a fish, ha-ah...

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I feel more like a whale then a fish, ha-ah...
    Well, whales can be super adorbs also n_n Chubby fish are cute fish!

Well, whales can be super adorbs also n_n Chubby fish are cute fish!
    Yeah, man! We can just be big cute fish.

Yeah, man! We can just be big cute fish.
    Time for a technicality!! Chubby mers are more likely to survive in the ocean! It gets cold we need to be warm. :U

So we're biologically more adapted to it! Go us!

Time for a technicality!! Chubby mers are more likely to survive in the ocean! It gets cold we need to be warm. :U

So we're biologically more adapted to it! Go us!
    We are evolutionary more a d v a n c e d.

This is helpful to know, actually. I would like to make scale sheets that are capable of accommodating everyone, so knowing more about the range of waist sizes out there is very helpful. Unfortunately I'm not a tailmaker myself, just making materials for DIYers. You can always try making your own tails!
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Fish View Post
    This is helpful to know, actually. I would like to make scale sheets that are capable of accommodating everyone, so knowing more about the range of waist sizes out there is very helpful. Unfortunately I'm not a tailmaker myself, just making materials for DIYers. You can always try making your own tails!
    Oh!! Well I'm thinking of making my first tail anyway- maybe you'll have some scale sheets I'll buy and use!! note: financially, this may be a few months away xD

The sculpt's going to be MANY months away...life's crazy-busy now that I'm teaching again.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Fish View Post
    The sculpt's going to be MANY months away...life's crazy-busy now that I'm teaching again.
    Oh yay, teaching! I completely understand that. And to be fair... Getting a tail in the winter is asking for it to be too big in summer xD

Getting a tail in the winter is asking for it to be too big in summer xD
    Oh gods, best quote of the year. xD

I'm also a fluffy mer, and that quote is definitely fantastic XD I'm a 42 F and a 22-24, I gained a bunch of wait after I stopped smoking x.x but it is healthier soooooo yeah. I also had that issue when looking at sizing on different sites and have wondered about making my own tail as well. This whole thread was great to read and made me smile(:

Sent from my SM-G920V using MerNetwork mobile app

Well I'm glad we got you to smile with our shenanigans xD it's always nice to hear when you make someone smile just by being your silly self xD

It really is XD it's also nice to know other people share your humor on things XD

This thread is like Ariel's hoard... we have shenanigans and jokes a-plenty.

lmao that is brilliant! XD and that we do lol

This thread is like Ariel's hoard... we have shenanigans and jokes a-plenty.
    we've got snarkfish and goofballs galore!
    Follow me on Facebook

you want blubber? I've got plenty! but who cares? no big deal, I'll stay warm XD