Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Making a tail and top set for a plus size mer?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenKira View Post
    yeah, it's going to be so nice to finally have options! it's literally a hunt to find anything cute in my size. busty does not mean plain boring old lady. neither does curvy. I'm not a carpet bag or one of those awkward doesn't quite fit area rugs. I can't wait to see more variety, and so happy to have other voluptuous mers out there!

    Sent from my SM-G920V using MerNetwork mobile app
    Amen! If i wanted to just wear moomoos I would stay on land!

  2. #42
    Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Oregon, PDX Area
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenKira View Post
    yeah, it's going to be so nice to finally have options! it's literally a hunt to find anything cute in my size. busty does not mean plain boring old lady. neither does curvy. I'm not a carpet bag or one of those awkward doesn't quite fit area rugs. I can't wait to see more variety, and so happy to have other voluptuous mers out there!
    Haha, my friend may have big molds, but her style isn't 'cute', LOL. She has a awesome, scary, vicious looking style that I love!! I'm hoping to get my first silicone tail from her.



  3. #43
    lol nice! I'm a fan of the Victorian Gothic, medieval, and steam punk styles

    Sent from my SM-G920V using MerNetwork mobile app

  4. #44
    And that's what I'm saying lol moomoos are the worst thing ever! I don't know who made them or how they caught on, but they're not good lol

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    Haha, my friend may have big molds, but her style isn't 'cute', LOL. She has a awesome, scary, vicious looking style that I love!! I'm hoping to get my first silicone tail from her.
    Did you say... scary and vicious? YES PLEASE. Do you have any sketches or anything? I love the dark and macabre over cutsey stuff xD

    Man, I am one Snarky Sharky.

  6. #46
    cute to me is macabre and ornate lol I should have clarified that, so my bad there XD

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  7. #47
    but definitely sketches please! think of the shark shipwreck and Cthulu inspired pieces that could be!

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  8. #48
    Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Oregon, PDX Area
    Posts
    653
    Unfortunately I have no photos I can share at this time. I'm sure that she will after she decides if she REALLY IS going to do this. She's shown me a tail she's making for herself, and it's great.

    Atm, she really needs money for molds and paint.



  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    Unfortunately I have no photos I can share at this time. I'm sure that she will after she decides if she REALLY IS going to do this. She's shown me a tail she's making for herself, and it's great.

    Atm, she really needs money for molds and paint.
    That's fair. The thing about crafting is always the funds x3x

    Man, I am one Snarky Sharky.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod KayNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    153
    Follow KayNS On Twitter Add KayNS on Facebook
    J Von Stratton makes an awesome orca tail:

    http://www.jvonstratton.bigcartel.com/product/orca-tail

    Name:  Screen_Shot_2017-04-05_at_12.27.26_PM.png
Views: 87
Size:  529.3 KB
    Last edited by KayNS; 09-25-2017 at 09:16 AM.

  11. #51
    I like the suit part, but that tail... I don't know, it looks HUGE. x3x that might just be forced perspective though.

    Man, I am one Snarky Sharky.

  12. #52
    I'm a 36H (36I in some bra brands) and I am trying to find a mermaid top that is G-Rated. I look hard on instagram to follow mermaids that are at least a little "squishy". Mermaids are like people we come in all shapes and sizes.

  13. #53
    Junior Member Euro Pod Rinbeastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    10
    Follow Rinbeastie On Twitter Add Rinbeastie on Facebook
    I'm a plus size mer and I'm making my own tail and matching top! I've drawn the design as a creepy lake dweller, so I'm hoping to make some teeth to go with it as well.

    Last edited by Rinbeastie; 09-01-2019 at 07:44 PM.

  14. #54

  15. #55
    Junior Member Euro Pod Rinbeastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    10
    Follow Rinbeastie On Twitter Add Rinbeastie on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    This is lush. Cant wait to see the finished result when you make it

    Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app
    Thank you so much! I've just sculpted the fluke!

    Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

  16. #56
    Omg exciting please put loads of progress pictures on. I've just bought a Wacom Intuos pro and cant wait to learn how to use it and start drawing designs

    Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

  17. #57
    Junior Member Euro Pod Rinbeastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    10
    Follow Rinbeastie On Twitter Add Rinbeastie on Facebook
    I'm posting all my progress stuff on my cosplay page:

    https://m.facebook.com/rinbeastie/ph...86520388240489

    Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •