Thread: Hannah Fraser "Heart's Atlantis" Tail

Hannah Fraser "Heart's Atlantis" Tail

I feel like not many people have discussed this, but I simply can't get over the tail Hannah Fraser wore for the short film Heart's Atlantis:

It's a JMB FX for sure, like those seen in "Fishtales", "H2O: Just Add Water", and "Mako: Island of Secrets". While it's definitely not the most practical of tails (definitely more for show than function) I do think it has the best color scheme out of the other tails JMB FX has put out for the aforementioned productions.

I know this video was created a while ago, but I was wondering if there were still mers who haven't seen it yet? Or if you did, what were your initial thoughts?

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel

Hannah Fraser "Heart's Atlantis" Tail

I was so captivated by JMB FX tails that I decided to make my own extended tail it's not easy but it's slowly coming together, I had seen the trailer but never the film!!.

After watching it the film is not bad and has strong message...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Marinus Mortimer; 09-21-2017 at 04:15 AM.
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Very cool. I hadn't seen this before, but I like how they told the story. Lots of insinuation, not alot of actual "telling" which our writers and film makers here have forgotten to use as a tool. The tail is beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G920T using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of The South
    This makes me wonder how expensive the tails actually are. Maybe they aren't thousands like we always thought (or at least not anymore). Surely this short film didn't have a huge budget, so how much could it have really cost? Unless Hannah already owned the tail and it was not bought specifically for the film.
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

See, I'm pretty sure she didn't own the tail. If she did, don't you think we would have seen it more than just that once? Even if it wasn't 10,000$ or such, it had to have been expensive, so I would think she would've used it frequently even if it's not so great for swimming. I think that maybe since it was ONE tail (not the 5+ tails that H2O series used) it may have been cheaper/they were working with HANNAH FRASER so the name may have given a discount...

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    Wrong and wrong she does not own the tail and justv because it's a short film don't mean it's cheaper to contract JMB FX to make a tail so the price must have been the same plus JMB FX kept the tail afterwards and sold it off to Shimmer Baby Mermaids after re painting it and modifying the tail for image and copyright purposes so SB Mermaids can use the tail for their business but not feature it because it has their signature fluke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

I actually talked with the artist a few years ago personally. the main person who worked on the tail was on deviantART and I seem to think they posted years ago on the old mermaid forum, mer yuku. I think the tail was a joint effort in order to help promote the studio as well. this was done years and years ago. and for some reason I seem to remember it's not a true extended tail like we see from H20 but more the illusion of one. Whereas the one they made for fishtails actually did extend

Here's an old thread that has some of the screen shots and behind the scenes photos from the guy I know. Hannah wasnt a fan of the tail: https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...X-Studio/page2

Shimmer's husband is pretty well off and like 8-10 years ago she went around buying out all the movie/tv tails. She's got ones from commercials too.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Shimmer's husband is pretty well off and like 8-10 years ago she went around buying out all the movie/tv tails. She's got ones from commercials too.

Lucky fish
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...