Thread: Awesome Mermaid Illustration by Armando Elizondo

Post Awesome Mermaid Illustration by Armando Elizondo

Hello Everybody!

My name is Armando, and I run a small business called Dream Pigment. I focus heavily on mermaid illustrations because mermaids are fantastic! I love drawing them, and they are a great subject to improve on as an artist. I hope you guys enjoy my journey as an artist and on the road to better myself. Other than that, check out my very first mermaid illustration for my business and YES prints are available! You can check out my website for more information at http://www.dreampigment.com

Enjoy! Feel free to share and repost!

Name:  Sunset_Mermaid_8-5x11_BRANDING.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  107.9 KB
    Last edited by Dream Pigment; 05-12-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Fixing Typo

Nice images but I would recommend you to add some meta information like the resulution if you want to sell the digital image too.

Thank you! Do you think people would like to buy a digital download of my artwork? My high res file is 3300x4200 at 300 ppi (11"x14"). I've been thinking about setting a Etsy store and set up the downloads but I haven't got to it yet. I do have a small inventory of prints when I did my first comic book convention as an exhibitor. I have 4"x6", 8"x10", and 11"x14"

Currently I'm using print on demand sites like Redbubble to print and ship my work.

Do you have anymore advice?

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    Nice images but I would recommend you to add some meta information like the resulution if you want to sell the digital image too.

It depends on what you are going to create who you are trying to reach. If you plan to create landscape images, there might be users who want to use it as a desktop wallpaper etc.
    On the other hand it can be cheaper to get it printed by a local copy shop (in case transport is expensive).
    The disadvantage is that the images may leak to the internet, which is probably a worst case for an artist - so there are some IP laws involved.

For now you can keep it as it is but you may have to reconsider in the future (if you want to increase sales) as this might be too much work to be worth it (I don't know your tax laws).

I think I'll just sell hard copies of this print. I did two events and sold a nice amount. I think I'll start small and locally just to get a small fan base. I do agree, it does take up a lot of time. Hopefully with time I can figure out a better strategy. Thank you so much for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    It depends on what you are going to create who you are trying to reach. If you plan to create landscape images, there might be users who want to use it as a desktop wallpaper etc.
    On the other hand it can be cheaper to get it printed by a local copy shop (in case transport is expensive).
    The disadvantage is that the images may leak to the internet, which is probably a worst case for an artist - so there are some IP laws involved.

For now you can keep it as it is but you may have to reconsider in the future (if you want to increase sales) as this might be too much work to be worth it (I don't know your tax laws).

Here is another example of my work! Like my work? Check out my print on demand store at https://fineartamerica.com/products/...art-print.html

Name:  Mermaid_Seaturtle_11x14_BRANDING.jpg
Views: 3564
Size:  170.5 KB

Here is a cute mermaid enjoying a pineapple cocktail. If you would like a print, check my print on demand store at https://fineartamerica.com/featured/...-elizondo.html

Yes I do offer custom artwork as well! Please comment or message me for more info!

Name:  Pineapple_Drink_Mermaid_8-5x11_BRANDING.jpg
Views: 2587
Size:  113.1 KB