Thread: Wanted: Mermaid tail

Wanted: Mermaid tail

I'm looking to paint a silicone tail but don't want to commit to dealing with the molding and what not. Anyone want to make a bargain on making me a silicone tail no paint? Thanks

Hey Dolphingirl,

So I've been working on a new line of silicone mermaid tails that I'm very excited to sell this winter. They are platinum grade dragon skin silicone with a custom made, comfortable mono-fin that fits perfectly inside my large hand-made fluke. Everything is hand crafted from wax, so it's got some very fine detailing.

Since I am just getting back into selling these as of this Fall, I would offer you a limited production discount. I'd be more than happy to send you pictures of my new tail in production.

I don't use paint, as you were mentioning- which is great because you'll never have to do touch ups - Where as other tails will "chip" and look pretty crummy after a while of use. I pigment silicone before I pour it into the mold, and it comes out great. Powdered pigments are spread on the mold as well so the color really "Pops". it's comes out very shiny with the duo-color pigments I use (and color variations of your choice).

Feel free to pm me through Mernetwork or email me through Faeportal@gmail.com.
    Last edited by MermaidShae; 09-27-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidShae View Post
    Hey Dolphingirl,

So I've been working on a new line of silicone mermaid tails that I'm very excited to sell this winter. They are platinum grade dragon skin silicone with a custom made, comfortable mono-fin that fits perfectly inside my large hand-made fluke. Everything is hand crafted from wax, so it's got some very fine detailing.

Since I am just getting back into selling these as of this Fall, I would offer you a limited production discount. I'd be more than happy to send you pictures of my new tail in production.

I don't use paint, as you were mentioning- which is great because you'll never have to do touch ups - Where as other tails will "chip" and look pretty crummy after a while of use. I pigment silicone before I pour it into the mold, and it comes out great. Powdered pigments are spread on the mold as well so the color really "Pops". it's comes out very shiny with the duo-color pigments I use (and color variations of your)
    That sounds interesting. How much were you planning to sell them for? (I can't buy one myself, because I'm growing, but I like to ''window shop'', haha)

My silicone tails generally sell around $3,500 to $10,000.

I would consider selling one for around $1,700 for you, without having to paint it- and for a local mernetwork mermaid I try to cut some deals. I am doing a limited production each year, so if you are interested and want to go through with the purchase of one of my tails- let me know which year and I can get you on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MermaidShae; 09-27-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks mermaid shae! You should let us have a peak at some of your tails...hehe
    It's a little out if my budget at the moment. I hope your business goes swimmingly 🤗