Thread: An Legless-Leg Mold- Suggestions?

An Legless-Leg Mold- Suggestions?

Hey everybody's~

I am trying to think of the best way for making a duct tape mold (or other recommended materials) with Just measurements!

I am trying to make a duct tape mold of my legs without physically taping around my legs. This is so I can make a tail to fit for those who have ordered my mermaid tails.

I thought this would be as easy as measuring every 2inches down and drawing out this leg form on paper- and then making another identical piece of cut out- paper shaped like my legs- then finally taping the two sides together and adding a good layer of duct tape so I could then stuff the leg mold- (like I've done in the past only by taping over my legs and cutting the tape off carefully)

My question is, do I need to make sure to incorporate the dimensions of my bodies curves front-to-back? Or should it work just find and fit very nicely the way I am thinking of going about it.

Suggestions would be so appreciated if there's a more exact way to go about this I can

Thank you for any input

-MermaidShae ~ MerPeople LLC
    Last edited by MermaidShae; 09-27-2017 at 02:36 AM.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lieke's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Lieke on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Lieke's Youtube Channel
    You can draw a side seam and measure your front and back separately or take some pattern drafting classes and you'll learn How the truck they use for sewing patterns.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk
    Follow my mermaid journey on Instagram and Facebook <3

Add a Splash of Magic to your mermaid-wardrobe, with beautiful sequins, silicone shells, mermaid tops and tails: shop here

Bewaren
    Bewaren

An Legless-Leg Mold- Suggestions?

Great, that's a good simple solution- have you ever tried this before? It seems like quite a tricky thing to do.

And you're right - taking classes would be a great idea since it can be so complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk