Thread: Annual Phoenix Comicon meetup

Annual Phoenix Comicon meetup

Hey everyone!

For the past 2 years the AZ pod has done an annual meetup during phoenix comicon at one of the adjacent pools. This year we're upgrading it and attempting to get a photographer on board and meetup exclusive swag. More information will be released the closer we get to the event as to how much the mini shoots will cost and how much the swag packs will cost (you don't have to buy anything to attend but swag deaigns will be exclusive to this meetup so you won't be able to get them at future ones)

Sent from my LG-M210 using MerNetwork mobile app

Designing has been started on the swag!

Meetup will also be a swap meet, bring things to swap and trade with others i the pod!

Want to keep ppl in on the AZ pod loop.

So far we've had a giveaway to thank mers for keeping the pod alive and welcoming

I announced the winner last night. I'm also making progress on the exclusive pod swag too.

I took the suggestions of pod members and made the mermaid sunset themed because AZ is known for its beautiful sunsets (and the stripes are even drawn to look like cacti!)

For ppl following this meetup:

We've moved it from phoenix comicon (now phoenix comicfest) to coppersky rec center in Maricopa AZ. The date has yet to be chosen as i need to get into contact with the director about reserving lanes and if we're allowed to have a photographer in the water and about the other events we have plannef at the meet like lunch and snacks and stuff.

PCC had some good times but with the price raise it is just simply not the best choice to host our annual meets there anymore. Good news is that since we've decided to move we now also have a name for the annual meetup! It's called "landlocked"

I am also still working on merchandise for the event, except now i need to make a logo too.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Pod shirts! (2018 version) Name:  FB_IMG_1519976617586.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  59.5 KB

Made a mistake, orders are open till march 28 not february 28. (Only open to those who will attend)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    For ppl following this meetup:

We've moved it from phoenix comicon (now phoenix comicfest) to coppersky rec center in Maricopa AZ. The date has yet to be chosen as i need to get into contact with the director about reserving lanes and if we're allowed to have a photographer in the water and about the other events we have plannef at the meet like lunch and snacks and stuff.

PCC had some good times but with the price raise it is just simply not the best choice to host our annual meets there anymore. Good news is that since we've decided to move we now also have a name for the annual meetup! It's called "landlocked"

I am also still working on merchandise for the event, except now i need to make a logo too.

Is there any other place to get more info/follow this? I'm new and I'm in Casa Grande, so I'm excited to see something in Copa!

Check out the Phoenix Mermaid group on Facebook.
    https://merfaire.com - Mermaid podcast and Yearly Phoenix Festival