Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussing the New Review System

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

Discussing the New Review System

BECAUSE THE FORUM THAT CONTAINS THE NEW REVIEW SYSTEM DOESN'T ALLOW POSTING, IT HAS A STICKY THREAD THAT LINKS TO THIS THREAD.
    YOU CAN POST FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, AND COMMENTS ON THE NEW REVIEW SYSTEM HERE.

We're proud to unveil a new way for users to share truthful, helpful reviews with the community. All reviews are now posted using a structured review system that makes posting reviews simple and easy. Additionally, users are no longer allowed to post comments on reviews, since in the past this lead to arguing and drama. Anyone who wishes to respectfully discuss tailmakers and share their opinion is welcome to do so in the regular forums.

Here is a quick rundown of the rules for reviewing we hope you'll all follow.

RULES FOR REVIEWS:

1. Do not post a review until after you have received you tail, and used it at least once.
    Otherwise it can not be a true review of the product. If you wish to complain about delays or poor customer service, or post a review after unboxing but before first use, please discuss that in a forum thread.
    2. You must provide proof of purchase.
    Due to abuse of the system, you MUST provide proof of purchase within your review. This can be a photo of you in your tail, or a photo of your tail with a piece of paper with "MerNetwork.com" written on it, placed on or near your tail so it can be clearly seen in the photo. This photo can be embedded (see instructions on how to do so below), or the photo can be linked to via url or hyperlink in the review. If you do not include this, your review will not be approved.
    If you are having trouble inserting photos, please see THIS THREAD for a tutorial on how to do so.
    3. Be respectful and objective.
    If you have anything negative to say, please refrain from personal attacks on the tailmaker.
    4. Share useful information.
    Discuss the item's color, texture, weight, quality and shipping condition. You also may wish to describe the tailmaker's customer service and delivery time. Describe how it worked in the water, the process of getting it on and off, and other useful information.
    5. Be truthful to the best of your ability.
    Deliberately false or misleading information in reviews will not be tolerated.

Be aware that approval of reviews is at the Admin's discretion. If we have reason to believe a review is falsified, we will remove it.

Will old reviews be transferred to this new system?

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sirena View Post
    Will old reviews be transferred to this new system?
    I'm not sure. I can't really think of a way to do it.
    Currently the plan is that none of the old reviews will be deleted, so people can go look them up, and everyone is encouraged to re-post a version of their review on the new system.

I realized I never made an official review of my tail. Has anyone else posted "belated" reviews?
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

All the time darling A review is a review in fact more time would actually make it a better review as you have more experience with it.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

I realized I never made an official review of my tail. Has anyone else posted "belated" reviews?
    All the time darling A review is a review in fact more time would actually make it a better review as you have more experience with it.
    I totally agree. I encourage everyone to post reviews for any tail they've bought, no matter when.

Will Raven be listed as a tailmaker now that she has made a few tails for others?

Also, I can't seem to view some of the reviews.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    I am also having a problem viewing the reviews. When I click on one it jumps me back to the main page for that tailmaker.
    Tenacity.

Sorry to be a bother, but how do I add pictures to my review? ^^ I've written one for Merbella Studios but there isn't an 'add picture' option. How do I get around this?

Hi, how does one go about suggesting a new tailmaker to be listed for reviews? I'm getting a tail from Finfolk Studios next month that I am super excited about and will want to do a review of once I get it.

Mizuko, you still need to put up your review, too!

I keep trying but I dont know how to add pictures! X3 Its not like the forum area where theres an 'insert image' button ><

Yeah, I heard about that. There's some specific method...hopefully someone can help.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    add photos like this

[img] [/img]
    In the space in the centre you put the link to your image, if it's from FB you must right click the image and click "copy link location"

So if I wanted to post Emma's avatar it looks like this:

I'd post WITHOUT spaces

which translates to:

see?

And now I've also been taught a lesson today. xD

Just bumping this to let everyone know that I've added a tutorial on how to insert images with code on the sticky thread in the Review Forums here.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Just a post to remind people that we now require proof of purchase for the offical review system. This has been in the rules at the top of the reviews for months, but I think people may be overlooking it. I've been letting some go by if I could easily locate proof of purchase- like if the person has a photo of themselves in their tail for their profile pic or in their profile albums. But we're going to start being more strict about this.

Also, I took down a few reviews that were sketchy. I PMed and emailed every one of the users whose reviews were in question. I gave them 6 months and they have not responded. There were other questionable details about these reviews that I could see from their details on the admin end. I just wanted to make a post about it so it didn't look fishy that some reviews just disappeared.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    thanks for letting us know. there's always someone trying to fake make tail makers look better lol

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Miel's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Miel's Youtube Channel
    I would like to post a Review for a tail maker that isn't listed in the system yet... Purple Rainbow Tails.
    How can I do that? You don't seem to have a Miscellaneous or New Tailmaker Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Miel View Post
    I would like to post a Review for a tail maker that isn't listed in the system yet... Purple Rainbow Tails.
    How can I do that? You don't seem to have a Miscellaneous or New Tailmaker Thread.
    I apologize, I got so focused on revamping the tailmaker page that I forgot to put in all the new tailmakers into the review system! I will do that here soon. I'll give you a PM when I put her in the system. Thanks for pointing that out!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona