Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FinFolk Productions is a Hypocrite

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel

FinFolk Productions is a Hypocrite

And more, with more to come. Have a story you want to share but fear that the community will shun you for it? Everything is anonymous and 100% honest.
    Check them out here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thehonesttails

Ah, another anon confession blog for a niche community I'm in. I was wondering how long Before the mermaid version of behind the bows appeared

Sent from my LG-M210 using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I feel like spread negativity on a level like this is in no way needed in this community. I feel like the larger we grow, the worst these little gossip leeches get.

Why dont we we spread positivity and good vibes?

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    So umm...I don't feel you are 100% honest no offense. You say everything is completely anonymous but you fail to censor out the person name that one on the finfolk screenshot that they were talking too. Is she aware you are using a message directed to her on your tumblr blog? I'm not trying to attack you but to see your credibility as 100% honest.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDancer8 View Post
    And more, with more to come. Have a story you want to share but fear that the community will shun you for it? Everything is anonymous and 100% honest.
    Check them out here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thehonesttails
    Last edited by Slim; 10-13-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: My 1,000th post and it's friday the 13th :)
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Just in case, I made her aware of your screenshot. Keep in mind that if your blog was to become a success and shut down a tail maker, families will be affected due to lost of income. Wait time with other tail makers will be longer if there one less tail maker (especially a popular one). I also want to ask again about the honesty. Is that true the screenshot came from group people must pay to be a part of to had seen that message that we are seeing for free? And why must I have to sign in to view the blog post when you clearly said 100% anonymous? I respect the community enough to help defend people from negative influences and this has me concern. Your answer will be very much appreciated. Stuff like this can scare off future tail makers from even starting if they know there is a site that will post all their negative thing as they try to build up their business and knowing their mistake will be posted regardless if they make things right.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

While I do appreciate this idea, there IS a review section here on MerNetwork. I understand not everyone wants to sit down and write a full review, but if someone was honestly dissatisfied with a tail company and wanted to report about it there are outlets here.

In any case, a tailmaker's reputation is their own. There's not really any way one person can "shut down" a company if said company truly honest and consistently delivers quality products to their customers. While I'm sure there are may people who have had bad experiences with these tail makers, the way the company handles it reflects their level of professionalism & reputation as a whole.

Take the Mertailor, for example. There was a period of time where his products were not the quality promised and customers wrote reviews/shared their experiences. Now, he has improved his business (to the extent of my knowledge, I only know a little about the big blowout that happened however many years ago and haven't paid much attention since) and customers reflect that.

There will always be bad experiences working with companies and people. I'm not defending FinFolk or any of the companies mentioned in this blog--I have no connection, ties, or allegiances with any of them and really couldn't care less. I just think the products should speak for themselves, and customer reviews should do the rest of the talking.

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Wow... I don't have tumbler so I can't sign in to see whatever the article is but the name of this thread is plenty enough to raise a few eyebrows. Not in a good way though.

I have quite a few tumblrs and have read over the blog.

Anonymous confession blogs incite more drama and fighting between members who wouldn’t dare do so without the anonymity—pagansuncensored, one I have followed for years, began as a simple debate and has now devolved into criminal accusations and doxxing. People go wild with that gray face.

It’s completely unnecessary.

A majority of us are business owners, if not working with children or in customer service. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to work out issues with other mers/tailmakers without bashing them behind your little button.

For those who haven’t read it, the “FinFolk is a hypocrite” title stems from Bryn stating that she wants perfect tails but, in another post, that absolute perfection doesn’t exist. Is this contradictory? Yes. But almost ALL artists want absolute perfection and, at some point, realize it will never be exactly how they pictured it due to differences in materials or the physics for the vision just not being compatible. It’s a trade off of the industry—sometimes, you have to settle with the best you’ve got at the time, and hope you can achieve your goals soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Why start drama like this? As it has already been pointed out, there is already a review section here. This seems like a very poor attempt spread negativity.
    Mermaid Titania
    A traveling mermaid - mostly west coast USA and abroad but you'll never know where she might pop up!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    these things are never 100% honest. You'll get 1 person making 5 complaints to sound like different people. I don't give reviews much stock unless someone is willing to stick their name to it. I'll check out the site later but I am disappointed.

so I read it, wondering who this "well known mermaid" is lol.
    I wonder how long before this just boils down into someone with a hate on using this to carry out a vendetta? We already have more than enough issues with people lying on FB, making fake screen shots using fabrichat, and crying bullying when it isn't. At least on mernetwork reviews HAVE to be quantified/verified.

I also find the tone of the postings quite hypocritical and guilty of exactly what they're calling finfolk out for.

I am not defending finfolk I think they're growing and it's painful and they need to work on things for sure, but I think this is dumb and expect at some point there will be a giant post about me cuz I'll piss off the wrong person lol Hard to come across as something intended to be a real impartial look at things with that tone!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    So umm...I don't feel you are 100% honest no offense. You say everything is completely anonymous but you fail to censor out the person name that one on the finfolk screenshot that they were talking too. Is she aware you are using a message directed to her on your tumblr blog? I'm not trying to attack you but to see your credibility as 100% honest.
    I think she kept the "Bryn Roberts" part of the screenshot because Bryn owns Finfolk...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Ah, another anon confession blog for a niche community I'm in. I was wondering how long Before the mermaid version of behind the bows appeared

Haha I feel the same way
    Though I'm a little annoyed that I wasn't messaged on Facebook about this post as one of the screenshots is from a conversation I had on the professionals group... I did message Bryn and The 2 Tails about it though.

I don't think this is a good idea. If someone has a problem with a tailmaker and wants to talk about there experience and state the facts, then noone would be able to dispute that. I understand not everyone is going to have the best experience, but I think this has potential to cause alot more problems/drama. Even just the title of this thread is aggressive.

Wow. This is downright petty, and in all honesty belonging to the reviews section. Just wow.

I agree with Luna and Shimmy. This won't require proof which makes the mesrnetwrok system all the more suitable. Not to mention that anonymity will still cause conflicts no matter what, and this seems like it was created just to cause conflict.

Senior Member Euro Pod Astridia's Avatar
    Not a fan of these kinds of tumblrs AT ALL, especially considering TWO I was aware of (in other niche communities I followed) Damn near caused some of the "victims" to resort to fatal measures to get away from the witch-hunting they created. (I'm fairly certain SOME HAVE somewhere.) As someone who has to go through Samaritans training regularly and dealing with the messy end (sometimes horrifficly) I am very wary of ANYONE who starts these sort of things since they NEVER end well.

That's just my view on them. They may mean well but it is just a platform for attack, and will be used as such. Like others have said we ave REVIEW threads, let the reviews do the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post

The mermaid community doesn't seem to be full of children like the Lolita community is, so I don't see this blog going very far.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Name:  thumper.png
Views: 1135
Size:  303.1 KB
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

when you find out the "well known mermaid" is newbie Anna Browne, using alt accounts lol despite being in the finfolk podsquad