Thread: FREE SILICONE MERMAID TAIL

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel

FREE SILICONE MERMAID TAIL

Hey everyone!
    I'm a new tail maker currently working on basics and partials, but I'd like to make a full silicone mermaid tail. I do not want to make one off of my measurements however.
    Therefore, I am looking for someone who is willing to help me - by getting a full silicone mermaid tail FOR FREE.
    There are some requirements so please make sure you fit the criteria below:

-Be able to make and ship me a duct tape dummy lower body cast
    -Be 5'6" or under
    -Have a foot size of 8 or under
    -Be located in the USA's lower 48 states
    -Be able to take pictures and swimming videos of you in the tail and giving me the right to use it as advertising to future commissioners
    -Do not sell the tail for a minimum of 60 days after receiving it
    -Able to provide me any and all measurements that I may need
    -Able to provide me detailed feedback after receiving the tail on pros, cons, what can be improved, etc.
    -Preference is someone located in WA state or in the Seattle-Bellingham area
    -Priority evaluation goes to those serving/have served in the US military

The requirements above help me learn, grow, and not spend too much on materials (the taller you are, the more silicone. The bigger your foot, the more expensive the monofin). Colors available are: red, black, green, dark blue, light blue. Only 1-2 colors will be used, design will be simple.
    If interested please fill out the survey link below and comment on this post that you have. In addition, feel free to post your preferred color of the tail.
    I'll keep people updated on who I choose.
    Thank you!!

Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SW9TM8P

CROSS POSTED

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    This sounds awesome but I'm too tall and my feet size is larger lol I guess this one is meant for a Mermaid or a smaller Man good luck and congrats to the one who wins!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Banned
    Thank you!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Lmao, I am waaay too tall and my feet are too big. ;P good luck!

Member Pod of The South
    I have filled out your survey as I meet all the requirements and would love to help you learn (as well as find out if silicone tails are right for me)! However, there are some very real saftey concerns and limitations I would like to address, should you consider me <3

I am not new to swimming with drag, added weight, rough current, or cold climate. Ive been in some extremes. But I am new to mermaiding. Ive got time set aside to swim in my fabric tail daily (though so far its only been twice) and while it's very natural to me and not threatening, Im aware that that doesnt mean Im ready to jump into silicone. That being said, given the time it would take to fully complete a silicone tail I will be confident in my ability to do shallow to medium depth pool swims in a silicone tail with my buddy.

So should you consider me, I will be able to record underwater but there may be a "human" guest star floating adround for saftey reasons and I will only be able to do pool swims for saftey (and because of where I will likely be living upon tail arrival).

Should you chose me! I am very willing to be readily available to communicate with and can offer up any help I could possibly provide. I'll be able to take very detailed pictures of the tail and its condition that it would arive in (as well as me in said tail), let you know of areas that exceeded my expectaions and areas that are in need of improving. I always aim to be 100% honest and constructive when helping someone with a project. I would be honored to make this a fun and exciting project for you and answer any question to the best of my ability.

Should you not chose me! I am still going to be super excited about this project and be here on mernetwork to support you all the way! I can totally understand if you would want to chose someone with more mermaid experience and I wish you the very best of luck <3

I filled out the survey and I am SO excited! Also: are you referring to US women’s foot sizes, or something else? I’m a US women’s size 8 and I have narrow feet.
    Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    SURVEY IS CLOSED! THANK YOU EVERYONE

i submitted my survey if you end up choseing me my email is crembish1@gmail.com in case you cant contact me over face book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    IMPORTANT UPDATE

If you have filled out the survey within the time allotted, please check your messages for a link to a second survey. Make sure to check your message requests/other folder as well (some of you sent me links to your Facebook pages - make sure to check those as well). If you were not sent a link to a second survey, you unfortunately don’t meet all my requirements or there are mers that are more qualified for what I’m after. Thank you so much for completing the survey; if you’d like to see the tail’s progress, you can check out my page at: www.facebook.com/audrafins, where the progress pictures will be posted.

A lot of you sent me friend requests. Please do not take offense if I denied your friend request. I have had issues with being cyberbullied in the past so I am very particular on who I add as a friend.

Depending on how well this venture goes and how long, I may be looking to make 1-2 more full silicone tails for free. Many of you have commended me on this and it being a really generous idea - thank you. My goal in my new tail making adventure is to be able to offer affordable tails. This is a very crowded, competitive market, but I’d like to offer full silicone tails at an affordable price (below $1,200 usd) so every chance I get to learn and grow and progress towards this goal is very much appreciated. I cannot offer the artistic awesomeness as Siki Red Fins, FinFolk Productions, Merbella Studios, Mernation, etc; I’m not the artistic type. I can offer something simple and practical as that’s who I am and what I strive for. Thank you everyone for your kind words, and to those that have made it to the next few surveys - good luck!

I will be announcing the tail’s recipient publicly on this post, so stay tuned!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I wish I wasn't too tall, haha. I'll be looking forward to your tails.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    The struggle is real. I'm 6'3"

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I wish I wasn't too tall, haha. I'll be looking forward to your tails.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Member Pod of The South
    I am so excited for this! Im so following your progress, I can't wait to see how it all comes together ^_^

Hope it goes well with the lucky recipient!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Ooh, can't wait to see how this turns out

Sent from my SM-G950U using MerNetwork mobile app

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Pod of Cali
    The only problem for me is that im so far away 😦

Sent from my STUDIO M HD using MerNetwork mobile app

Banned
    SOLD! Thanks for your interest!
    You can follow the journey on my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/audrafins

So to you still make tails

Mermaid Lilac<3
    <3 Mermaid Lilac <3

Banned
    Yes, but I am all commissioned out. You can follow my page for more info :-)