Thread: Monofin regrets

Monofin regrets

So I bought the Finis Rapid for my silicone tail that I am making. Now I really think I should've saved my money and got a better monofin. Which one should I choose?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I got an ebay monofin which I love! Its just a tad smaller than adult merfin, but it is super light and I can do zoomies!
    I know it says alibaba, when I bought mine, they were selling them on ebay. The foot pockets are soft and comfy and it goes up to a size 13 ladies. The blade is same material as Finis Wave.
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...557651896.html
    Formerly known as ireneho

Personally, as someone who also bought the Rapid, I'd recommend a fiber glass. I know they're more expensive but I'm concerned about the ridges on the Rapid and since it's plastic, the fin will eventually snap. If mermaiding is something you're going to do long term, get a fiber glass Monofin.

Sent from my P00I using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by freyamaat View Post
    Personally, as someone who also bought the Rapid, I'd recommend a fiber glass. I know they're more expensive but I'm concerned about the ridges on the Rapid and since it's plastic, the fin will eventually snap. If mermaiding is something you're going to do long term, get a fiber glass Monofin.

Addendum: I'm seeing a lot of mers recommending the finnis foil as well so I may give that a try.

Foil is a great monofin, go for it!

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by freyamaat View Post
    Addendum: I'm seeing a lot of mers recommending the finnis foil as well so I may give that a try.

I actually do have a fiberglass monofin for my fabric tails I didn't want to do a big fluke so I bought a Rapid because it's smaller

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I also love my Foil! Small, practical, and speedy.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I totally love my Finis Foil! I can dolphin kick on my side and back all day without getting tired. I can lane-share without fear of hurting someone else in the lane. It is just a wonderful monofin!