Thread: Merfolk Theater Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    Wait... is that a pun? Urinetown, you’re-in-town? I’ve heard of it but I don’t know what it’s about. I’ll check it out!
    Anyway, congratulations! So proud of you. And I’m glad to have you back on the forum! I was wondering where you went.
    Are there a lot of guys in your school’s musical theatre program? There were hardly any in mine, and a lot of the minor male roles in the musical adaptation of Legally Blonde (Dewey, the Harvard admissions guy, the gay-or-European guy...) all had to be played by the same person. But what about yours? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    Hey, sorry I haven't been on the thread, but in Urinetown we had a few guys, like 5 or 6 of our cast of around 20 people. Not so so many, but we still got most of the guy's parts to be played by guys, though a few of the smaller ones were played by girls.

Urinetown's a great show, and I'd really encourage everyone to check it out. It's about a future dystopia where there has been a drought, and it has made private toilets unthinkable. All business, so to speak, is done at a public toilet where you must pay to use the bathroom. The entire society is overrun by the corrupt megacorporation Urine Good Company, and if you can't pay the hefty fee, pee in the bushes, or break the law in any other way, you get sent off to a penal colony called Urinetown, which is a constant looming threat. It's quite dark, yet still insanely funny, and I had a great time with it.
    Last edited by MermanJamie; 02-20-2019 at 12:53 AM.
    And when he opened his mouth, the most beautiful sound came out. A high baritone vibrated throughout the sea, and suddenly all was quiet and harmonious. That is, until the next note.