Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merfolk Theater Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kiba View Post
    I'm a theater nerd of old, starting with school plays in middle school, getting deep into community theater in high school both on stage and backstage, majoring in Dramatic Art in college. I had a couple years after college when I didn't perform, but then worked with a local community company that only does Gilbert and Sullivan operettas. I did shows with them for 10 years, then shifted gears to performing improv at a local comedy theater, but I haven't been on stage since my son was born almost 3 years ago. I'd like to get on stage again soon, in the next year or two.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Duuude that’s so cool! Did you have big parts or did you normally perform in the ensemble/smaller roles? Either way, that sounds amazing!
    Also, you’re brave for doing improv. I could never handle that kind of on-the-spot pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    Duuude that’s so cool! Did you have big parts or did you normally perform in the ensemble/smaller roles? Either way, that sounds amazing!
    Also, you’re brave for doing improv. I could never handle that kind of on-the-spot pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    I had a mix. I was Beth in Little Women, Rosie Probert in Under Milkwood, but mostly ensemble/chorus stuff. I'm a killer chorus girl, so I'm nice to have if you want your chorus to be strong itself rather than just people who aren't good enough to be leads.

Once you get the hang of it, improv isn't so scary. You never have to worry about flubbing your lines!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app