Thread: First Silicone Tail, my talimaking journey

First Silicone Tail, my talimaking journey

Hey all,
    this is my journey of making a tail all by myself. I was originally going to make a fabric and silicone tail, but the fabric one didn't work out. So now it's just my silicone tail now. I had started it in July, and after ruining one scale sheet and juggling this and 2 jobs, i've come a long way. My scale sheet is almost complete, and half of my fluke is molded. Feel free to leave tips and advice, or whatever. I'll post some pictures of my progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Looks great so far <3 Are you following any tutorials, if so, is there any you would recommend? I'm struggling to find good tutorials, especially video tutorials, on how to make silicone tails. Thanks x

I did a lot of searching around for videos as well. There wasn't one specific tutorial I followed, I just complied all of my research and figured out what my best method would be. One set of videos I found the most helpful were from a youtube channel named Mermaid Micheala. I will be posting more updates soon I hope but it's cold now in MN which makes the process a lot more difficult without a heated workspace.