Thread: East Coast Mermaid Festival

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

East Coast Mermaid Festival

Hey everyone!

I am doing the initial research into hosting a small scale mermaid festival/convention here in my home province of NS. It's geared toward Canadians, but of course, anyone is welcome.

I found out there's a fair bit of funding available through my city and provincial government for putting on these events, they also facilitate local volunteers. These were my two main reservations about holding an event.

For now I am working with a team to put together funding applications, and doing initial pitches to my preferred venues. It's a lot easier doing something on my own turf

So I thought I'd start a thread here just to keep info out there. I have some preferred dates but it'll depend on the venues and time-lines for the funding applications and awards.

Since Mermania went on hiatus I have really felt down knowing there hasn't been many excuses for people to get together. I really want to start cultivating the industry more in Canada, and I think this will help!

That sounds like a lot of fun! Would there be import fees or any issues for mers traveling with tails from the US to Canada (by car or plane?)
    Last edited by NomadicMermaid; 10-28-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: added with tails
    Mermaid Titania
    A traveling mermaid - mostly west coast USA and abroad but you'll never know where she might pop up!

you only pay fees if you're actually importing something - just bringing your regular luggage and tails- things you already own, wont cause you to have any fees. When returning home you have to identify items that you'be bought but so long as they're under $3000 USD total you're fine and wont be charged any fees.

I’m in!

(Just as long as my dates work in between shown cities )

it would be really cool to have you on a a panel derek!

I’ve never left this coast of the US, let alone the country, but I’m looking forward to all the pictures! Best of luck and well wishes to you, Raina! I’m sure you’ll make something wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

This sounds like so much fun, I've never been a part of anything like this.

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Union of Pods of the North

Oooh interesting!